ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a nardi deep corn 330mm wheel.. and this is where I'm at.

I'm deciding between NRG 2.5 and works bell rapfix II quick releases.. besides the obvious cost difference what would you guys recommend?

I also plan on using a works bell short hub so I don't need to clip any wiring harnesses. I'd like to maintain the use of the horn and am trying to figure out if that is possible with this setup. Ideally I'd like to run the works bell short hub, works bell rapfix II quick release, and the nardi wheel with the horn in tact. Recomendations? suggestions? input?

I made a new thread cuz no one responded in the steering wheel thread

·
Registered
697 Posts
Can't go wrong with nrg 2.5. I had to change one male and one female connector on mine for the horn to work easy fix. My nrg is paired with boss hub also a good choice.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
being able to get in/out of your car is for winners. dat bucket seat lyfe
lololol this is ridiculous.

I'm 6'2" and drove my Miata for 2 years with a Bride VIOS III with and without a quick release. It was almost harder to get out when the steering wheel was disconnected because I had nothing to grab on to.

Bucket seat with proper brackets = plenty of leg clearance

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
I've had NRG quick release v2.5 and it's solid; no play whatsoever. I like the new design with the large edges to make it easier to grab if you may have gloves on, but my quirk with it is that it still has the small button lock on it that must be pressed in first. If they are gonna make the quick release easier to use with gloves, at least do something about that damn button.

·
Like an oven.
1,513 Posts
lololol this is ridiculous.

I'm 6'2" and drove my Miata for 2 years with a Bride VIOS III with and without a quick release. It was almost harder to get out when the steering wheel was disconnected because I had nothing to grab on to.

Bucket seat with proper brackets = plenty of leg clearance
I'm praying that one of the new Street Touring scca solo proposals goes through for aftermarket steering wheels on airbag equipped cars. I just put a seat in my car on some brackets I made by welding flat bar to the stock sliders. I'd like it to be lower, but it is temporary until I pick my final seating position. Once I do that, I'll be making some ultra light brackets out of 3x3x1/4 6061 T6 aluminum angle. I know my final seating position is going to be too close to get in and out of the car w/o a smaller steering wheel, or QR. Fat legs, fat gut, etc. Stock wheel is too goddamn big.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a full works bell system on my car and really like it. I've been in cars with the NRG qr systems and I can say with confidence that the works bell system is superior in fit and finish as well as engagement, quality of the lock and disengagement. With that said, both products get the job done, and the NRG gets it done for quite a bit less money. You'll have to make a decision as to where you want your build money to go. Hope thats of use to you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a full works bell system on my car and really like it. I've been in cars with the NRG qr systems and I can say with confidence that the works bell system is superior in fit and finish as well as engagement, quality of the lock and disengagement. With that said, both products get the job done, and the NRG gets it done for quite a bit less money. You'll have to make a decision as to where you want your build money to go. Hope thats of use to you.
this helped the most. ordered the WB rapfixII. thanks!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts