ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering what everyone is using as a hub for there aftermarket steering wheel, and If there was any low cost ones out there that were high quality. Also is there any webistes that specialize in horn buttons??

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Im using the JDM FC3s hub and it works great. I've seen the Ebay HKB hubs- and they look great to me... and dirt cheep too.

I'm not a big fan of the momo hub- it's kind of hard to modify to fit our cars..

·
Registered
185 Posts
mine is a Boss from a FC rx7 and a nice FET quick release. very rare that anyone will have it seeing how i spent $200 for it

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
Momo Hub was plug and play on my car.

Ore '93 we did not have airbags in Canada.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm still waiting for the daikei hub to be back in stock ANYWHERE. I have a momo wheel sitting here waiting to go on. But the built in air bag resistor is a must :D

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
? I just stuck it on? whats to modify?
Remember there is a big ole wire stub sticking out of the 'clockspring' assembly? Remember you had to open up a corresponding hole in the Momo hub? Remember merrily drilling along and then snap! you broke the drill bit once it hits the hidden steel? Remember running out to buy a dremel tool so you could finish the job?

No? Well, anyways- I remember doing all of the above ;););)

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
No clock spring on my car :)

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
OK- pic right here to jog your memories:

See that wire coming out of the yellow clockspring assembly? What did you guys do with that wire? How did you guys pass the wire into the steering hub without having to open up a hole in the hub? JDM Fishtank magic? ;);)

·
Registered
73 Posts
my car only had one small wire coming out of it for the horn, and it looked nothing like that. the end of the wire had a much smaller connection. mine didn't have an airbag so that's prob. why.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts