ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In October 2011 me and a group of friends visited the Nurburgring for the first time. Prior to leaving I noticed that stephen0p0g, from this forum, is stationed in Germany near the Ring. So after introducing myself we met up at the Ring for some fun laps and good times. Thanks again for the hospitality Stephen, you're a lucky man to live so closeby!

Here's a short 4 minute clip of me following him in his NB on my 3rd lap ever. It was a cool evening and the track was slightly wet (can't tell in the video). Excuse the shaky camera work, my wife was holding the iPhone because the Nurburgring mgmt does not allow you to mount a camera and take video. The car I was driving was a Rent4Ring Suzuki Swift Stage 2, so it had race tires (R888s), brakes, rollcage and suspension.

Anyways, enough of talking here's the video.

For more information about traveling to the Ring, check out my Nurburgring Travel Article that I wrote for Canadians, but 99% of the information is applicable to all visitors.

Finally here's a few pictures from my visit.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Such an amazing place, I love it. Fortunately for me, it's easier to get to for me, than for you :p (still a good day's driving, and a ferry crossing, however).

Great write up, steak from Pistenklaus is full of unbelievable amounts of win.

·
Supporting Member
375 Posts
HAHA!!!!! SWEET!!!! i was wondering when you were gonna get this up. i thought you lost it :/

time to watch

·
Supporting Member
375 Posts
wow definatly feels like i'm goin faster than what was shown :(

maybe it's cause the top is down....... o_O

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow definatly feels like i'm goin faster than what was shown :(

maybe it's cause the top is down....... o_O
I feel the same way, I have a few more vids of my driving that felt crazy fast but was, infact, very tame :) Oh and from where I was sitting you're not gonna pass the broomstick test! :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Such an amazing place, I love it. Fortunately for me, it's easier to get to for me, than for you :p (still a good day's driving, and a ferry crossing, however).

Great write up, steak from Pistenklaus is full of unbelievable amounts of win.
Lucky bugger ... are you part of that ringer's group? Seems like they arrange trackdays at the ring througout the year? Do you have any experience with other trackday organizers like Destination Nurburgring?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not, only been with friends. Never had any experience with any of the pre-arranged organisers, no, although a closed day there would be fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts