ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 with oem stereo and Im tired of only having the radio and CDs to listen to. Is there anyway to hook up an aux cable to the oem stereo? If not I can swap it out with and aftermarket stero and install kit. Im not looking to spend big money on this. Just a decent stereo that wont ruin the sound quality and has a aux cable and maybe the little cubby so I have a place to set my phone/ipod.

·
red?
1,239 Posts
Which OEM? If you have the Bose unit, you'll have to install new speakers and wiring along with the new head unit. The Bose speakers won't work right with a non-OEM head unit.

There is a way to install an AUX-in with the OEM head unit, if you are good with wiring (or adventurous enough to try :lol: ). I don't know the exact URL's of the how-to pages, but it's been done and it's quite cheap. Basically, there is a place to connect a tape deck on the back. You make a plug that goes there and goes to your auxiliary in, tricking the unit into thinking you're playing a tape.

There is also a kit for an AUX in. It's considerably more than making it yourself. Again, I don't know the URL, only that it exists somewhere. I've seen it before, I just don't know what it's called.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,311 Posts
lol, sound quality in a convertible. Also, what's your budget because you and I probably have different definitions of decent.

Spell check is your friend.

·
Registered
172 Posts
For about 54 dollars crutchfield has a kit for our cars. It includes the dash kit with the pocket for the bottom din, and a scosche bose amp harness that plugs into your amp and wires up to your aftermarket radio. It also lets you tune and use your factory bose speakers. I have it in my 99 and it sounds better than stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts