ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i have come from the MX5Nutz fold over in the U.K and thought i should join up and show you our latest purchase.

We have managed to find and buy a Hayashi Roadster.
For you that don't know, Body Shop Hayashi is more of a custom design shop than a tuner per say, Jack Hayashi the owner, designs a lot of concept cars and has entered them at the annual Tokyo Auto Salon. He has won a few awards for his designs as well.
His for Eunos related design was the "Hayashi Roadster", a sleek black roadster that had a
unique style of its own.

Hayashi punched the stock 1.6 out to 1.8 litres, added light weight forged pistons, a mild cam with adjustable sprockets, and did a little head work (himself, of course) reshaping the combustion chambers. With the help of a reprogrammed ECU and some stronger valve spring, the engine is now good for 9000rpm.

There was a thread about them a while back and here is the link for all of you to see and read.

But anyway our one,
I managed to find it on eBay as the owner was going to break it, we went over wanting the body kit and wheels (not knowing what it was at the time) then decided not to go for the car due to it having a bit of rust, i told some of my mates and they thought it might be a Hayashi, we looked much deeper into it all and confirmed it was 100% a Hayashi. So we went back to the owner and agreed on a price and took it off his hands. It is sitting on Pansport G7 C8R's which are staggered, 225 at back (9j i think) and 205 at front, we will get the refurbished then they will look stunning. I don't think it has its original engine so if it doesn't we might put our 230hp turbo engine and running gear into it, the car needs a lot of tlc but it should be do able, then it will be one of not many Hayashi Roadsters (well it is now but you get my point) in existence, they are rare in japan let alone uk and the rest of europe.

Any way the pics

Enjoy

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
uh what?! how does this even happen in real life? great find, can't wait to see you start digging into it!

i'll be the first of many to say this, but while you have the body off to repair you should see if you can make molds to reproduce it.

·
This is a long user title
3,202 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome. If you need anything from Hayashi, let me know, I'm sure I have him somewhere in my contact list.

Can't wait for your restoration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, there is a lot of work to be done to it but we will get there.
i'll be the first of many to say this, but while you have the body off to repair you should see if you can make molds to reproduce it.
I never thought of that, thanks.

Looking forward to your progress! Saw your buddy posted this find on MR.net
Yeah i found that gateth posted it up on MR.net, i think he wants it :D

Wow, that looks awesome. If you need anything from Hayashi, let me know, I'm sure I have him somewhere in my contact list.

Can't wait for your restoration.
Ooh i have a friend who has a friend who speaks good japanese and i was thinking in trying to contact hayashi to get some more info on the car (with vin numbers etc), i'll pm you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right update time
A lot has happened since the lats time i updated this thread.
I fixed the rear bumper on securely, made the front bumper more secure, sorted the whole boot area out, fitted a razo air filter, cleaned the interior out (which was not a fun task), fitted a radio and speakers, different seats, different centre console, different gear knob, different steering wheel, fitted a replacement blue mohair soft top and gave it a full polish which has got the paintwork up a bit.

So a few pics of it as it stands now:

And then took it to my local mx5 meet:

Also we have been gathering some parts lately so my dad went through what will go on the yashi until we go carbs and i give it a full re-furb etc...

Existing:
Body Shop Hayashi type 3 widebody kit
16” Panasport G7 C8R’s wheels – staggered 225 rear, 205 front
Blue mohair soft top

Engine & Drivetrain:
Jackson Racing cold air intake
Jam racing ECU
Unknown 4:2:1 Sports manifold
R*SR Exmag catback exhaust
Resonated decat
323 Retro cam cover (exposed cams) – p/c in Mariner blue
Intake manifold p/c in Mariner blue
Adjustable cam pullies in Blue & gumetal grey
AK Automotive silicone hose set
HKS oil cap
HKS rad cap
HKS oil filter
HKS braided brake hoses
Torsen Diff

Exterior:
Axis Power Racing GTR carbon fibre trunk
Axis Power Racing flush headlights
Suspension, Brakes & Bracing:
HKS Hypermax Coilovers
1.8 brake upgrade all round
RS Aizawa Aluminum 3 point front strut tower bar
Racing Beat uprated antiroll bars & adjustable drop links
Uprated underbody bracing
Zoom Fuel Filler Cap
Mx5Dans Ally Cappuccino Washer Bottle

Interior:
T House Camel bar
Momocorse wheel & horn button
Full black interior retrim
Neilex tombstone radio surround
DCuatro Daytona gear surround
Zoom starter button
Short shift & Razo gear knob
Carbon effect dial cowl
AWD Gauges with RS active rings
KG works chrome ball air vents
Neilex chrome door cups & Dash vents
Chequered mats

Also before christmas we met up with rob godwin (godders) a good friend of ours (he owns the very well known black mk1 with tones of aero mods ) and as he wanted to take a few pics we went to a petrol station so he could get some shots, and i have just got my hands on some of them, and they are rather good.

So thats all at the mo, currently breaking our 230bhp turbo'd 5, a s special type 2 and de modding our v spec then selling it, then we can bring the hayashi home and start the work.

James

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
yeah, hopefully you can make some molds of the front bumper when you go about repairing it. the zipties might work for the time being, but i cringe when i see something so rare and awesome driving around in that condition.

is the radiator support tweaked by the LH headlight? or does it just need to be realigned?

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I don't normally curse(lying out my ass) but holy ****!! Nice find.

The Hayashi front reminds me of a BMW 8 series.

Gonna be checking this thread for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes it is rough and ready at the moment, We are going to fix the rear end first as the rear quarters have rusted through and the filler blending the kit into the arches has peeled, so its going to be we-welded from the inside then all the filler picked out, re-filled and then re sprayed.
The zipties look so much better than the bungee cords holding it on there before, i agree i would never do anything like that to a car a rare and special as this but it really doesn't make much difference at the moment as the front bumper is going to be repaired and it is a bit shabby at the moment anyway.
Also ecto-cooler what do you mean about the radiator being re aligned?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Gawd I wish someone made quarter panels that looked like that, I am not a fan of anything available. They all just look like really pulled stock fenders, I love how yours immediately extend at the door seam.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
the light cover on the RH side sits flush with the hood but it's off on the opposite side. i was wondering if that's indicative of the radiator support or some other internal structure being tweaked out of shape?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The LH light cover needs re-aligning, its where people lean on them which bends them out of shape, its very easy to re align them (i've done many) but i have a set of axis flush lights to go on so i'm not worrying about it, also i know of some hayashi headlights, but i might be able to prize then out of the current owners hands once the hayashi is nearer completion.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
it would be awesome if you could get the original headlights back!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts