ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with the suspension, I plan on tackling stiffening first as well.
Note that for everything done on the car, budget is tight.

I'm going to put in a roll bar, but i've yet to decide which bar to go w/. Def. not hoops.

What other stiffening would you reccomend? The car will be between a 94-97.

My thoughts so far are the Flyin Miata frame rail reinforcements

Some Subframe braces:
Is it worth going w/ the Flyin Miata one?:

or a simple one such as these:

A front strut tower brace. Is it worth it? Which ones do you reccomend?

Also, this seems like a very good upgrade. the chassis/ drivetrain brace

The only downside i can think of is lowered ground clearance but that doesnt bother me.

Discuss please.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would get the flying miata butterfly brace, I've heard several ppl say that would be the first mod if they started over again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would get the flying miata butterfly brace, I've heard several ppl say that would be the first mod if they started over again.
I was going to include the butterfly brace but i didn't know if i should. I thought it might just be excessive. It's a little out of my price range for the time being, but i'll def. keep that in mind for down the line.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Most all '94-'05 already come from the factory with front and rear lower control arm braces. Since my car never came with any factory bracing I added the Racing Beat front lower control arm brace and FM Canon rear subframe brace. It did reduce the amount of shaking felt through the suspension when hitting bumps but it still isn't enough bracing for me. My next upgrade is going to be the FM butterfly brace for sure.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'm offering free passenger rides tomorrow if you want to feel how floppy my chassis is when I go around turns.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Put in a 6-point rollbar. That'll do wonders. :wink:

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Would be sway bars be as effective as the FM sway? I'm currently in the market to make my car less rollcentric. I have Tokico Illuminas with FM springs on my ride.

On the stiffest setting on the shocks, I still get some massive amounts of roll on the track.

So I'm looking for something that is cost effective (saving up for those JIC FLT-A2s) for the time being while I go to track events (road racing).

M

·
0 Posts
Would be sway bars be as effective as the FM sway? I'm currently in the market to make my car less rollcentric. I have Tokico Illuminas with FM springs on my ride.

On the stiffest setting on the shocks, I still get some massive amounts of roll on the track.
The FM Butterfly Brace has nothing to do with body roll, it's to minimize chassis twist/flex.

Do you have an OEM front sway bar? That may be the root of your roll problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts