ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running this setup, or would that be stupid? I am unexperienced in the suspension and wheel area, but I really like the look of the sportmax wheels! Is stock going to look funny? Should I just wait on the wheels and get the suspension first? I am also unsure what to get, I was thinking AGX because it is not going to cost me an arm and leg to buy, then get other springs (FM, RB, to many decisions!!! I really dont know what to get!).

So, bottem line, would the sportmax look funny on stock suspension?
Once I do get suspension what should I get with only $500-$600?

Finally whats the deal with stretching the tires, is it for the lower cost of the 195 or for the look?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Its also for fitting, rolling and pulling is a must to get a 195 tyre to fit, any bigger and ud need flares. This is of course if you're lowered or intend to be lower, because stock height to be honest would look pants (with any sort of wheels)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh not good (in my opinion)

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So suspension wise what do you think would be a good setup for $500 or so? I have been wondering this for awhile, I have also been reading and it seems as though alot of people like the koni yellows and the agx. I am so lost!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm going to be picking up a set of 002's in black later this month if you want I can take some pictures of them on my stock suspension for you.

off topic:If you're interested I might consider selling my AGX 8 way with FM springs and FM Pillow mounts for $700 shipped. It's only got about 5k miles on it and has never seen the track.

This is the price on FM and thats not including shipping or taxes. http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4537&parentid=0&stocknumber=13-16555 1990-97

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pics of what setup? I havn't installed the suspension yet due to my car being sent out to a body shop. I mean I want to install them on my car but before I do if you are interested I might consider selling them since I'm thinking about going paying an arm and a leg and a little bit of my neck for the Stance lol. I'll definately post up some pics after i get my car out of the shop with the new wheels

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics of what setup? I havn't installed the suspension yet due to my car being sent out to a body shop. I mean I want to install them on my car but before I do if you are interested I might consider selling them since I'm thinking about going paying an arm and a leg and a little bit of my neck for the Stance lol. I'll definately post up some pics after i get my car out of the shop with the new wheels
Oh, sorry I misunderstood you. I was not aware of you roadster being in the body shop.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I agree, suspension first. You saw my car in person, I still need to get the camber set, but I did the whole package all at once. I don't want flares, but my fenders need to be pulled and rolled also, but not as much if I went w/ 205's. I would have shredded sidewalls by now had I gone bigger. I'm on AGX's w/ Eibach sport springs, not bad for ~$500-$600 but similar is Koni adjustables w/ FM springs.

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LostSoul, I forgot to ask you about your setup. I would like to take a better look at that in person next time I see your car.

Do you like the AGX's? If you had a choice again would you chose the same?

Thanks

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
LostSoul, I forgot to ask you about your setup. I would like to take a better look at that in person next time I see your car.

Do you like the AGX's? If you had a choice again would you chose the same?

Thanks
I like the AGX's, they hold the road well for the inexpensive price. If I had the money though, I'd go with a fully adjustable coil-over setup so I can weight balance the car though. I don't know which one in particular, but more than likely along the lines of Stance or Tein for I.E. If I had to do it again, I would go with the AGX's still.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Get the suspension first. If I were u i would wait and save up a little longer to get the coilovers. That is wat I did. :)

Low offset with stock suspension looks really bad, imho. You'll look like a 4x4.

Low offset + slammed is the correct look. Even my 15x7 +0 with FM springs looks gay.
Linh you car doesnt look gay. It looks better than mine IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts