ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone stole not only my hard top last night, but also the cup holder insert thing in the center console!
They snagged my radar detector too.
They did however, try and put my soft top up before leaving my car in the rain. They put it most of the way up but they didn't latch it or shut the doors all the way, so it still got a little wet, but could have been worse.

It is a silver hard top in pretty good shape with a defroster and black on the inside.
I live in sellwood, or southeast portland. It is really close to milwaukie.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
What the **** is up these past few weeks with **** getting stolen, its rediculous.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just a hunch, but if they put the soft top up, they may know you. Thieves don't usually give a **** how they leave others property.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Yikes. Bolt those suckers down with hex heads and SM brackets. :/

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
**** man too many things being stolen. I need to look into HT brackets/locks. What do you guys with quick releases do with your wheel when you park? I have only taken my wheel off a couple times when I park in a shady area and I just put it in the trunk.

·
Registered
21 Posts
**** man too many things being stolen. I need to look into HT brackets/locks. What do you guys with quick releases do with your wheel when you park? I have only taken my wheel off a couple times when I park in a shady area and I just put it in the trunk.

When I had my hard top I just used the Washer/security torx screw trick on both side latches. Painted the pieces black to match everything and voila only way to push the button in to release the hardtop latch is to unscrew the security torx.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep an eye out but I doubt it would make it this far north.

I had to laugh at the thieves twice, the cup holder thing, and putting your soft top up. I would assume both are pretty rare things to happen in this situation haha.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
lol @ considerate thieves.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hmmm, odd... The fact they took the cup holder makes me think it's a Miata owner (most car enthusiast in general know hardtops are worth $$) but looks like they stole it for themselves. So, keep an eye out in your area for either silver miatas with hardtops or maybe a hastily painted hardtop (flat black, mad orange peel etc.) Also keep checking you local and nearest metro area's Craiglists and look for the radar detector.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Supporting Member
375 Posts
i swear that when i get back to the states, and if any of my **** gets stollen. i will kill someone...

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
i swear that when i get back to the states, and if any of my **** gets stollen. i will kill someone...
Can I be your wingman? Cause I feel the same way.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts