ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why I don't own a Honda anymore and hope the miata stays low-key. It was damn nice ITR too. Please help keep an eye.

http://www.hybrids.jp/forum/showthread.php?t=23717

I never thought I'd be making this post but I guess its pretty inevitable when owning an ITR. At this point I'm pretty sure I won't be getting the car back but I would like for everyone who knows me and/or the car to keep an eye out for certain parts that are not very common. The parts that would stand out are:

Regamaster Evos 15x6.5 in white 5 lug. These are not very common as they are +45 offset and are the only set I have seen.

JDM ITR HID frontend. This frontend still has OE paint with touch-up all over it. I know these are really common but if seen in conjunction with any other parts forsale, that would be a red flag.

Bride Zeta II Type L seat. There are also a handful of zeta IIs floating around, the Type L is the not so common though. This driver seat had Bride FO rails as well.

Spoon OG plastic mirrors. Also quite a few out there, but not a dime a dozen.

Euro ITR cluster. Just like the mugen speedo, just doesn't say Mugen. Mine had 85,xxx on the odometer. Spoon Steering wheel. (not shown)

5 lug with spherical bearing cup replacement for trailing arm bushing. There maybe less than 10 of these floating around

JDM 98 spec ITR engine and trans. Braille Auto Battery. Mugen front tower bar and a smashed Vision 4-1 header.

Hopefully these descriptions and pictures will help locate some of these parts and more importantly, the low life mother f*ckers that took my car. I'd really appreciate any help from you guys. If you see any posts or hear of anyone selling anything, please let me know.

-Tony
[/quote]

·
Registered
720 Posts
so if i do see any of these parts
what do you want me to do?

OT: bill is your number really 888-88-miata?
thats a lucky number to have

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Was this your car? Any car worthy of JTuned is top notch. So sorry to see all that hard work and dedication go down the drain. Death to thieves.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What are the statistics on miatas? They are so easy to break into it's ridiculous.

I'm about to move to a higher crime area (than where I am in northern virginia that is) and I'm nervous about theft and vandalization.

Are tuned miata's targeted at all?

Sad to see the ITR stolen. Not my personal preference but I have mad respect for them.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Yeah that sucks, but it makes you wonder...how much money you are willing to dump into a car and how much you are not willing to spend on an alarm.

What are the statistics on miatas? They are so easy to break into it's ridiculous.

I'm about to move to a higher crime area (than where I am in northern virginia that is) and I'm nervous about theft and vandalization.

Sad to see the ITR stolen. Not my personal preference but I have mad respect for them.
Vandalization is subjective to the asshole doing it. I had two mirrors kicked off (not the same one twice, at least they were that curtious) and numours dents and scrathes dont to mine when I was living in my apartment at college. Its locked in the garage every night now, safe and sound.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah that sucks, but it makes you wonder...how much money you are willing to dump into a car and how much you are not willing to spend on an alarm.

Vandalization is subjective to the asshole doing it. I had two mirrors kicked off (not the same one twice, at least they were that curtious) and numours dents and scrathes dont to mine when I was living in my apartment at college. Its locked in the garage every night now, safe and sound.
Yeah I agree on the vandalization part, case by case. I guess the theft issue isn't too bad. It's common knowledge that honda's are stolen and such often, i just haven't heard much about miata's.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I wonder since an ITR is a major thief magnet, did he have an alarm and some sort of quick switches installed which the thiefs bypassed? Or he just just kept it parked hoping noone would notice it ...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
dude that sucks. nice car too. they are so neutral and easy to drive fast. What sucks is that the thieves are probably watching the internet. so they are taking notes on what parts not to flip openly...

·
Registered
92 Posts
man..thats a SUPER nice ITR..best of luck to your friend to get it back. But truth is, he probably won't see any of it at all ever again. I know the feeling. I used to live in Iowa i moved out to cali couple years ago and last year, my 240 got jacked.(MSM was in the garage).in a nice neighborhood too. Luckily, they only took my interior and left the suspension stuff and the front conversion alone and the shifter stuff alone. But my alpine mp3 player wuz gone and so is my lug nut key.. :roll: The luckiest part of the thing was, they found the car parked at some intersection the next day. But the bad part is, i had to pay like $250 to get it back.(tow, storage, signing bunch of papers in 2 cities..etc) Sucked ass.... anywho....best of luck to you guys..!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Were having a rash of stolen cars here in Orlando.. Seems to be Honda's. I know of two cars stolen out of 4 so far.

One was gotten back yesterday and the theif's caught!! That car just has a broken steering collum. The other car was found but was stripped clean!! Both were autocrossers.. very sad day..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts