ClubRoadster.net banner

stored codes after clearing the ecu

821 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  horribleR 
#1 ·
short history of my car and stored codes:

-has had obd2 code since purchase
-car died the other day, code said it was a bad igf signal (from coil pack/ignitor because 1994)
-changed out coil pack, car ran but idled weird/high. decided to adjust base idle in an attempt to fix.

at this point, the igf signal code was still stored on my ecu, so i cleared it by disconnecting the battery for a bit and plugging it back in. when i checked to see if the codes were cleared, the o2 sensor and igf codes were replaced by a "25 PRC solenoid valve" code, before I even turned the engine over. when i went to start the car, the cel displayed a code for "04 SGC signal," the CAS signal that is necessary for the car to run. but the car was running, and very well. keep in mind neither the 25 or 04 codes were present before resetting the ecu. so i pulled it into the garage, unplugged the ecu to clear these new codes thinking it was a fluke, but the exact same thing happened (code 25 with key on on position, and code 04 after starting the engine).

anyone have any idea why my ecu would give me 2 new codes after clearing the 2 old codes, without even driving the car? especially the code 04 since the car should be in a no-start condition because of that.

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe try to borrow an ecu? Is there any water in/near the ecu/fuse panel/electrical connectors? (long shot but it's happened to me before in other cars)

with these cars being so old the amount of weird stuff that could be bad/intermittent bad is pretty high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.