ClubRoadster.net banner
1641 - 1660 of 4428 Posts

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,641 ·
I talked myself into taking a day off work and tracking Lexi again. I keep swearing I'm done until I get the car fitted with new suspension. It's hard to stay away from tracking. I fear I'll lose some touch if I miss too many events.

I love how all I spent was $7 in a hardware store run to fix my exhaust and then half a bottle of ATE fluid and the car was ready to track. Hilarious. Such a blessing having this car be so cheap to operate when the M3 needs monthly $500+ fixes with gentle street use.

No photos but some video.

Slowly reeling in Pat's GT3. I think with real shocks the Miata would be quite the heartbreaker out here.

Here is a quick clip of me becoming lazy in the afternoon and going agricultural. Also Dan's appearance in his E36 M3 really has me wanting a new track platform. Looks like a very quick ride.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Glad to see you are still getting Lexi out. It still looks like a blast.
How do the teins feel at this point? Way over spung because the dampners are so tired or just sloppy in general. It's amazing to see how direct each input is on well set up Miatas on the track and how you will just reel anything back in after a straight as soon as you get to the corners.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,643 ·
The worst shock is the passenger rear. When at a reasonable height on jack stands the RR suspension will still sag to the garage floor. If I'm not mistaken this corner would have little to no compression dampening remaining and for the first time on Monday this nearly caused me to wreck the car in T10 (fastest corner on the track and a left hand)

That aside the biggest downfalls are issues putting power down once the suspension bottoms out mid corner and begins bouncing, scrubbing valuable speed once the bouncing occurs and of course in sure driver confidence isn't seeing any benefits. That said I'm kind of used to it now and having an undriveable car keeps me on my toes.

So yeah overall it sucks and the shocks are toast. Unless I get a wild hair last Monday will be the last time the car gets out to the track for sometime.

·
CSTG
3,233 Posts
You're still doing impressive times but I imagine you'd want to avoid the inevitable crash on one of the straights. Lets avoid that. Where are martins prototype shocks? We could throw laz's Bilsteins on for a orp day!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I was a little scared for you coming out of the chicane. Nice work with the counter steer and staying away from that tire wall. Inexperienced drivers would have completely lifted and gotten launched into the tires.

The other spin just seems like your RR hit the grass. Lucky that PIR seems to have plenty of run off space.

Whats the story with the shocks then? You just going to hold off to get the MCS ones? OR stepping up to the E36?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,648 ·
I was a little scared for you coming out of the chicane. Nice work with the counter steer and staying away from that tire wall. Inexperienced drivers would have completely lifted and gotten launched into the tires.

The other spin just seems like your RR hit the grass. Lucky that PIR seems to have plenty of run off space.

Whats the story with the shocks then? You just going to hold off to get the MCS ones? OR stepping up to the E36?
Yeah I dropped a wheel. Not enough looking ahead and I was getting tired/losing focus. It was actually pretty entertaining.

Nothing new to report on suspension. Sounds like MCS are nearing completion which is awesome but I certainly won't be in that first batch of orders sadly.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,649 ·
If I'm not mistaken this was the first track day I have attended without bringing Lexi. It was actually quite the refreshing experience just showing up and enjoying the day with good company.

Lazarus, usual, was a hoot to drive and somehow continues to amaze us with its high tolerance for abuse. I also had the opportunity to take a friend around ORP CCW in an E36. When given the opportunity to drive the car I was quite excited. Sadly this E36 specimen was in need of lots of help and I wasn't feeling the driving experience after about 4 laps in.

An afternoon session in Laz. Doing what he does best.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,650 ·

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,655 ·
Um...hello.anyone home? That fd was clean.
I'm still around.

Yes, agree that FD is special. The exhaust drone made me feel nauseous but it's a fun car to experience. Turns heads too.

·
Big Pimpin'
11,480 Posts
*sigh* If only that FD were white. I'd love one, but red is a bit too flashy for me.

·
Big Pimpin'
11,480 Posts
Yeah red is hard on the eyes. Save it for Ferrari.
Lol yeah. A red RD screams, "Pull me over if you can catch me before I blow all of my apex seals because I'm running 30lbs of boost."

1641 - 1660 of 4428 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.