ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an ad in the new issue of Super Street for "STR Racing" wheels. They appear to be yet another cheap-o knock off company like XXR & Varrstoen, but I figured they were worth a look.

They offer quite a few wheels that would fit right in amongst the Miata world. Most of them are just duplicates of wheels that are already out there though, but that shouldn't come as a surprise.

The 502, 503, 504, 505 and 506's are all low offset 15" wheels, and the 504"s come in 16"s as well.

Anywho I just figured I would share.

www.str-racing.com

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have noticed this aswell, mostly as craigslist ads. They're own take of other companies knockoffs don't look very nice or don't look right at all, but it may be just the imaging they put up. It's already pretty hard to get any kind of company out there. Not to bash on Varrasston company, but they kind of got there name out there just by there TE-37 Replica and not getting much bigger.

That's just my take on it :whistle: ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
i guess if you dont race with these wheels they are just as good as any knock off. id stay clear of a track event with them.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looks like the exact same molds that XXR uses, and a similar numbering system, and a 3 letter acronym, and similar colors, and a similar "mission statement", need I go on? Likely just a branch of XXR so they can make more money off of ricers who think STR is somehow different than XXR...

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, I wasn't saying anything good about them........I was just bringing them to everybody's attention.....lol.

·
Banned
179 Posts
These look like overpriced xxr's to me with only one option for wheel size/offset.

Although I may be proven wrong here soon when miatas start rocking them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts