ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, to start off, i was on my way home from a friends house and i was driving through a familar/unfamilar area. familar because i know where i am, but unfamilar because i never go down there and i dont really know what the road conditions are. anywho, i took an exit off the highway which i normally dont take, and its about 1am, and i guess i went over some railroad tracks that were quite rough. i dont remember seeing anything about them, like a sign or something, and i was trying to concentrate on driving because its pretty windy outside. but when i went over them, the cover that goes underneath the steering column fell off. when i got home i checked it out, and it didnt only fall off, it ripped the little pastic parts where the screw goes off. i dont know if anyone else has had this problem before or not, but any ideas of a way to be able to put it back on would be great. if it comes down to it, ill find a way to use zip ties or something like that to keep it on. also, sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
97 Posts
this is pretty hilarious to me because mine fell off yesterday.. Maybe it's panel dropping season for miatas or something?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the link to the miata.net fix, i think im going to try that out. and just like turbopezz said, it worries me that it might look tempting to someone outside of the car.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yea just leave it off, it weighs a ton for what it is. mine broke on one side and was smaking me in the knees so i took it off.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Mine started squeeking, so I took the metal off the back and now it doesnt squeek. lost a few ounces too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts