ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off dont tell me to search, I wouldnt be here if I found what I was looking for.

The car doesnt make the noise when stopped or below 2k rpm. Sometimes it makes the noise for a split second upon start up but rarely. So when Im driving it sounds like maybe the start of a belt squeel but not nearly as loud. Its constant when it starts. The best way to describe the noise is it sounds like a heater fan thats squeeking as it rotates but, the sound continues even with the heater off. It sounds like it is coming from behind the dash but definately not the front of the car or the sides. I cant find where its coming from exactly because it only does it in gear while driving. Ive stopped and popped the hood and all and its no use because it doesnt make the noise while stopped.

Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
945 Posts
Re: Stange noise 92 na

I was going to say the throw out bearing or the famous squeal from the clutch save cylinder, but it would be constant except for when the clutch was depressed. Maybe it's the start of it? Do you notice a difference with the clutch pedal in?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I checked all my belts last week and they were ok but it started after that. And as far as my cluch I havent noticed a change but Im going to go find out now! Ill let you know what I finds out

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So I took it out for a bit and the clutch does feel a bit softer and sticks a little more when I let off and I havent noticed that before. Its not a rattle noise its like a siad a faint squel or constant chirp like a cricket on crack

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

So I let my car sit a few days while I drove my truck around and I just put on new belts to see if that might be it but I didnt think it was. Drove it around for a bit and the noise seems to be worse and comes on a little earlier. Throw out bearing?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out we were all wrong. It was the speedo cable. So you can take that rookie card and stick it back in your deck where it belongs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts