ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was sure where to put this but i thought it would fall under the interior category cause its something to do with my vents. However, if its not that then it could be my engine?
Its officially the first day of school and well around here its cold enough you need to turn the heat on and such. So today I started my car, and it looked like Domo-kun was in the vents and decided to throw brown chunks of something at me. This is the first time the heat has actually been used on the car cause the person I purchased it from only drove during the summer time.I should add that the AC never did this and i've ran it plenty of times without things flying out at me.I had the windows up too so i ruled out pranks and that sort. So I am lost on what is going on here. How can i get this to stop? Should I clean out the vents and run the heat for a bit. Or am I totally going about this the wrong way. :? I sure hope there isn't rabbit in there......lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
There's a load of foam in there somewhere, I can't remember quite what it is doing :)
My friend did this in her 5, the passenger nudged something under the dashboard and bits of foam came out of the vents :/

·
Registered
441 Posts
Gremlins at work, we bought a $100 car to mess about with and wrecked, i turned the heater fan on full and it sprayed black stuff all over the car got in our eyes etc, we ended up on some grass by the side of the road lol

how about just leaving it on till it all blows out?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yeah, it's deteriorated foam. When you turned the heater on, you moved one or more slider or knob controls, which moved the flappers inside around. This put into position the condition for the foam to get blown around.

It'll eventually stop, but it is a pain, I know.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Boy Mazda really knows how to build a car!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for the replies, i've never had this happen before. Haha, for second there i thought something was hiding in my car. :shock:

random....
Is it brown because of mazda or just because its dirty. nah...maybe i don't wanna know lol.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
The foam is black when it's clean. I guess it gets brown either with age or with dirt.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Boy Mazda really knows how to build a car!
Will, you really are starting to act like a member of HT or something.

Why must you post stuff like this, seemingly starting an argument or debate? This is just one example. Your flippant, glib remarks and flagrant use of profanity is growing tiresome.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts