ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have just recently purchased a set of 15x8 Sportmax 002's. I was going to run a 195/50 R15 , but i just wanted to know if it is safe to stretch a 195 tire out that far?

I have seen alot of people on here running 195's with 002's, do some tires stretch better than others?

I was looking at running Yokohama S Drives..

Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers
Ryan

·
3,857 Posts
I also run 195/50s in my 501s and they don't look to stretched too much to me :)

Seriously I was also skeptical before doing that and I did extensive research but I didn't find anyone having a blow tire or something similar...
On the contrary I found only good comments, not only from drifters but also from autocrossers!

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I've seen a few guys have issues with their tires coming apart from daily driving, but every single time it was from a nail or some hazardous road debris getting stuck in the tire and then causing a blow out b/c of the stretch. That being said, I will note that all of these guys had stupid/dumb stretches, like 205s on 9's or 225's on 10's

The way I see it, stretching tire is good for performance to an extent (which is relative to the tire/wheel sizing), but there is some hazard involved, but I'd say its about as iffy as getting a flat tire on a normal wheel/tire combo....i.e. nothing to really worry about.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
It's useless for anything other than looks and saving money on tire costs.

Performance is found in matching tire width to wheel and stuffing rubber under the car.

Unless you like sliding ;)

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
what street tires are good for stretching? supposing the car would never see track or auto-x with these wheels...
Cheap ones because you are already too cheap to get the correct width tire.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts