ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm working on the interior, I've got the carpet completely pulled out. it's not a dedicated track car, I drive it every day and trac/autox it so I like to make everything look really good while still being completely performance oriented, and weight is my big target for the car but I don't want to just leave it the way it looks because under the carpet the paint is faded and scratched in areas.

I'm going to be stitch welding the door jam seams as well as some other seams in the car (I'll post up about that when I do it), and then I want to paint the interior tub - basically all the exposed metal that was udner the carpet. So what do you guys think? I like how it looks red but I thought maybe black would be cool - the transition from black interior to red exterior would happen at the door jam so it would be covered by the weather stripping and door sill peice so it would look clean...

So let me know what you guys think. Oh, the center console around the shifter is still there (I need it for storage), and after I paint the interior I'm going to use skateboard grip tape in diagonal strips in the floorpan area for grip with shoes. Just so you guys can picture what It's going to be like.

-Ryan

·
2,708 Posts
I think it'd be like sitting in an oven with a black paint interior. How about something like this: http://hybrids.jp/forum/showthread.php?t=24279 That color interior goes with everything, imo.

Or maybe a shade lighter or darker red for some contrast.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Light gray is a good, neutral color like a race car. Black is very hot and uncomfortable in summer. Can't go wrong with red and the next owner won't hate you for it.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it'd be like sitting in an oven with a black paint interior. How about something like this: http://hybrids.jp/forum/showthread.php?t=24279 That color interior goes with everything, imo.

Or maybe a shade lighter or darker red for some contrast.
In that link, what color is he using? Is that a white? Or is it kind of off white greyish...?
I don't think that light of an interior would look good in my car..

If black would be HOT I may stick to red, as dark as I can go with it maybe?

Oh, and there won't ever be another owner so what he/she would think doesn't matter ;)

-Ryan

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Id go with red or that gray color, I agree the black will prolly get real hot, and Im not sure of this but I believe there have been problems using grip tape. It wears shoes real quick if I remember right. Stuff is really grippy

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I like the grey idea, not so bright that it reflects too much light but not black like an oven...

but if the choice is red or black, do red with floormats

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Black is like an oven, I should know :mrgreen: I plan on getting some red carpet soon though. If you do strip it of all carpet and the fabric sound deadening, do yourself a favor and get some spray-on sound deadener. It works wonders :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the inputs guys. I'm 99% sure I'm giong to tape the car up and spray the whole interior tub with a red color, put a few strips of griptape down in the foot area (not a big sheet just strips like... caution strips kind of) and then for street driving I'll throw in the black cloth floormats which I can pull out for track/autocross.

Time to get to work.

-Ryan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts