ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if stiffer exhaust hangers are available? I have a magnaflow for my NA as well as a FM butterfly brace and the exhaust rattles off of it pretty bad. The hangers on the car now are originals and the car has 127,000 KMS on it and they look kinda tired. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys & girls

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, i'll check with the muffler shop that installed the exhaust and see if they have the magnaflow ones. If they don't then zip ties it is. :D

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I have the UK made PolyUrethane hangers, they are SUPER Stiff :twisted: My stock ones made my new dual exhuast hang lower on one side, so i bought these mounts and problem solved!!

Anyhow, i got mine from Ravenwing, as they had the best price on them. You can see a small pic of them on my garage page under "Exterior" (the last line item)

You can see them here
http://clubroadster.net/forum/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=4

PhatMiata :mrgreen:

·
CR.net Supporter
281 Posts
phatmiata - what size ones did you get? (if you can remember as i can't be bothered to get under the car and measure!)

·
CR.net Supporter
281 Posts
cheers for the link, just emailed them to see if they'll post to the uk. looking forward to having my duals secured properly (unless a pitcrew or st may exhaust comes up sometime soon!)

·
CR.net Supporter
281 Posts
cheers, i looked at powerflex but they didn't specify on the uk site what size i needed, i'll get these ordered as soon as my replacement bank card turns up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i finally got around to fixing the sloppy exhaust on my car. I went with Foo's suggestion of the hose clamps and it works perfect. $1.85 for the clamps and 5 minutes of my time and there is no more rattles or clunks even on the biggest bumps. =D>

Thanks guys

Marty

·
Banned
445 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the powerflex exhaust hanger bushings for my turbo duals and now the exhaust barley moves.They definately seem to work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts