ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their studs to longer ones? (lets ee where this goes :lol: )

If you have, how difficult was it and can you give me some advice.

Thanks in advanced

·
Kicked off the island..
3,062 Posts
Noah is rocking 25mm spacers. Does that count? Much safer i would think.
i think he meant extended studs.... just incase you didnt know. cause you DID type "does that count?".

bump cause i want an answer too. all my studs/lugs were stripped from previous owner.
Running extended studs is a horrible idea, unless you increase the diameter of the stud to compensate for the weakness of the longer stud. I doubt anybody would go to this extent when spacers can be had for as little as 200 bucks. Also, you can replace your studs with factory studs if yours are damaged. And for the record, I did know. This is an old ass thread.

·
woah
6,858 Posts
sooo wuts the weakness of having longer studs exactly??? and how will that affect a rim thats hubcentric???

·
Registered
67 Posts
hubcentric shouldnt be affected. the majority of the pressure rests on the hub and not the lugs. The extended studs will not suffer any more stress than normal studs unless they are loaded farther away from the hub, which they wont be

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have them running. 20mm per side at the back, 15mm per side at the front.

You have to "massage" the old ones out - with a big hammer (and best an old lug nut on the stud, in case you need it again) and you have to be carefull not to damage your wheel bearings.

Then you simply "pull" the new one in. I made myself a spacer and pulled them in with an old lug nut. Needs about 1 hour for all 4 wheels.

About the safety aspect - you can buy them over here in Germany made by H&R (huge suspension manufacturer) TUV approved. There are no worries about safety if the damn things get a TUV approval.

Greets

·
Registered
718 Posts
plasma cutter fixes everything.

or you can go budget and use a grinder... I guess...

impact wrench should be able to pull them, unless the splines for the studs strip in the hub, then you're boned. I had that happen to me on a tow truck I was working on once.... not fun at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts