ClubRoadster.net banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
The other thing I've been working on a little bit: improving my bike rack setup.

-Thule fork mount tray, meant for their square bars
-"cross bar" made from 1" square steel bolted to the cockpit brace
-Suction cup for moving panes of glass

The "cross bar" and fork mount stay with the car, the tray attaches to that with a single bolt (or a zip tie in a pinch), and stick it to the trunklid. Takes a minute tops to get it on or off the car and it's rock solid. Can even lock the bike to the roll bar for security!

Previously I just had the fork mount bolted to the cockpit brace itself but, due to the soft plastic that covers it, the bike had quite a bit of side to side sway around corners. Worked fine but it was disconcerting. I also added some eyelets for strapping down my kayak.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
While you all were at MATG the New England Mazda Autoclub held their annual "Great Mazda Climb" at Mount Washington. I've been invited every year this event has gone on and never made it and was waffling at the last minute on Friday when I looked at the itinerary and saw the words "sunset" and "summit".

Sold.

Saturday the weather was... iffy at best. Lots of clouds and rain showers, it looked as though the summit would be socked in with clouds - as it has been every year for The Climb. As the afternoon wore on, though, the sun came out and the summit came into view.

Sunsets on the summit of Mount Washington don't suck. Olympus OM-G | Fujifilm Superia by Brian, on Flickr

When we made it to the top, this is the view we were greeted with.

Sunsets on the summit of Mount Washington don't suck. Olympus OM-G | Fujifilm Superia by Brian, on Flickr

From that point forward I didn't put my camera down :lol:

Miata on Mount Washington 8/4/18 Olympus OM-G | Fujifilm Superia by Brian, on Flickr

Miata on Mount Washington 8/4/18 Olympus OM-G | Fujifilm Superia by Brian, on Flickr

The view... didn't suck.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts