ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it's been discussed time and time again.

I have a momo wheel installed and i opened it up to see where i would put these resistors I've been reading about.

theres a blue and a orange plug which i guess came with the momo and plugs into where the oem airbag/horn would have gone.

I know hte orange one is for the horn, but hte blue one I have no idea what it is for.

I took a picture of it, any one know wtf it's for? my airbag is still on so I'm guessing its not a airbag light defeat, btw my car is a 91

airbag light flashes 6 times which according to the link below means the airbag is missing or faulty.

http://www.miata.net/garage/airbag_blink.html

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
If everything is everything is setup correctly and the airbag light should be defeated but the light still comes on, make sure that your airbag module itself is working correctly. I noticed the blinking airbag light but it went away when I replaced the airbag module.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
the yellow wires on the connector in the picture? i'd rather not cut up the oem cable/plug.

ps horn works fine.
Yep.

Granted this only works on certain years (earlier NAs IIRC), but if you have one of the "lucky" years, paying for anything is pointless.

Ive delt with that annoying ass light for over a year now, and the fix was so easy. I feel really dumb now.
:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys,

I just rechecked though and its actually flashing 10 times, which means

Faulty diagnostic module (System-down fuse burned)

anyone know where to find this fuse?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found out hteres 2 1 in the main fusebox under hte hood passenger side. and 1 in the car by the drivers foot?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts