ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the miata world, I just got my first one, I am wanting to upgrade the suspension. It has on there now the tonkico strut/spring set up. To soft for my liking. I am wanting a great auto x set up but not coils. I dont have a shop or the scales to corner wiegh the car. So what is good koni yellows agx's? Please any advice is great. I would like the car to be stiff.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
What year is your car? What's your budget? Is your Miata a dedicated auto-x car or is it a daily driver? Where do you drive? There is no single "best" spring/shock combo for any given price point although people will have their favorites based on reputation, quality, value for money, preference, etc. Everything is a trade off and often times choice is simply a matter of personal preference. Many people like Koni Sports. Many people like KYB AGX. Some people prefer custom valved Bilsteins while others want Ohlins PCV. If you need shocks and are using this as an opportunity to upgrade to something more sporty then you should consider your entire suspension as a system that is designed to work in harmony. What about springs? Sway bars? Ride height? We need more input from you before we can offer good advice.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont car about ride hieght, something that performs great....Not to expensive and maybe could be bought used. How the car rides, i dont care about how stiff it is. I would like for it to be stiff. I really love koni Yellows. The car is my daily as well as track event car and auto x'er.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you want to race in stock class, you are not permitted to change the springs, so no worries about cornerweighting. KYB AGX are a great budget compromise for a good autocross setup (although not as good as Konis.)

Complimentary upgrades will be a bigger front swaybar (i.e. Racing Beat Tubular,) FatCatMotorsport bumpstops, and Falken Azenis RT-615 tires.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the thing is these struts on here feel like they are blown from being to low. I wouldnt mind agx's, just curious to how they ride. Also front sway is something i am gonna look for and also i have used a set of those tires on my car and i loved them.

also the car is a 1990 and has tonkico blues and tonkico 1.5 drop springs(suck!!!)

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Loumo, when ever we have our next get together I'll try to remember to bring the miata and you can take it for a test drive. I'm running the 8-way KYB AGX shocks, stock springs and an RB front sway. I think the only other upgrade I would like to do this season is to add the RB (Racing Beat) springs.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds sweet, i am looking forward to the next meet. Well tomorrow i am gonna work on building a heat shield for the turbo with my buddy who is a good fab guy. Also plan on getting a part i need, maybe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts