ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 553 Posts

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Subie_greg's NA project (Dapper HID cut off pics)

Okay well I've been modding my roadster for a few months now and I feel like I can post this now. Plus I'm kinda bored.
This is my NA the day I bought her.

I drove the car like this for a couple weeks and did some maintenance on her. But the steelies were driving me crazy. Without power steering navigating parking lots was hard. So I decided to upgrade to some 6ul's. I also snagged a set of tsi's to compliment the K&N cone filter I installed. I got 15x7.5 wrapped in Nitto NeoGen 205/50/15 tires.

Look at that nasty wheel gap ^ lol. I drove the car like this for a while and was really happy with the way the car handled with the new wheels/tires. Then upgraded the exhaust. After looking around I decided on the Flowmaster Hushpower cat back system mainly because of the price and the raw stainless finish. Then the clutch started slipping so I replaced it with an Exedy OE spec clutch and lightened F1 Racing flywheel. While taking the cat off to do the clutch job we broke 3/4 of the bolts holding the cat on. So my buddy quickly fabbed me up a test pipe. The result was a really raspy and loud exhaust. So I ordered a bullet high flow cat and got that welded in. Also added a Racing Beat header.
After seeing a slammed Miata in person, parked next to my monster truck suspension, I knew I needed to address the suspension. I searched around and found a local guy selling a bunch of parts. I ended up getting a roll bar, tow hooks and Koni sport shocks. I ordered a set of Ground Control coilovers and lowered the car.
This is how she sat for awhile.

Next wave of upgrades included a Nardi wheel, GV style lip and lowered her another half inch all around.

And that's pretty much it up to this point.
Future upgrades include Megasquirt, built 1.6 swap, and a S/C of an undetermined brand.

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, but that's not a rollbar.
Thanks for the compliment. But that is a rollbar, it's definitely not a style bar lol. It's just the hard dog hard bar. I understand it doesn't offer the same protection that the ones with the rear bracing offer but it definitely offers protection. It's not ideally what I wanted but for $50 I couldn't pass it up.

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice NA man. I'm about to pull the trigger on the begi 1.6 sc and a megasquirt. So ill have to let ya know how it goes. lol. :D
Yes dude! I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'm going to do. Unless I find a Jackson for sale second hand. I still have to look into the begi vs the Jackson and how hard it is to mount the 1.8 Jackson on the 1.6.

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the megasquirt installed and got it tuned pretty nicely. Also deleted the mass air. Here's my new intake setup.

I'm very pleased with the results. I've decided to ditch the SC setup and just freshen this motor up with some cams.

List of parts on the way:
Moates O-meter
Dapper Lighting 7" Classic HID kit
OEM Rear mudguards
Flyin Miata naca headlight duct

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just posted this in the "Look what came in the mail" thread but thought I'd post it up here too.
I got my O-Meter, HIDs and mudguards today. :D

Really can't wait to get these installed.

Didn't snap any pics of the mudguards, maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow also begins the start of body work on my hardtop.

1 - 20 of 553 Posts