ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
you should get wheels for these at some point
well i kind of bought another set of wheels, 15" blitz technospeed z1's. i intend to kill the stance game with 5.5j +45

but actually no, I intend on rebuilding and refinishing the wheels to 8.5j. looking for sources on 15" reverse lips if anyone has info on that. also uncertain if i should go full polish or paint the faces silver. i photoshopped polished ones just to see, and i dig it:

·
PNW JDM parts god
2,006 Posts
maybe love20bee or wheelflip, unfortunately i dont think there are any aftermarket lips that have the flat edge like that though

·
PNW JDM parts god
2,006 Posts
if you saw my shop youd know wheels are the last thing i need right now haha. and yea maybe faces woudl fit in the demon camber but im willing to bet the holes will be different

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
first post since the website has changed looks. i hate it

i got the technospeeds in the mail. im not sure what im gonna do with them, but im not selling them. theyre too cute. i think i'm gonna rebuild them a pair at a time. over the span of a couple years or so (poor people things.) the car has been in storage for a month now and i miss it, plans for next year are baby turbos and intake/exhaust. also gonna fix a bunch of little **** and grind off the rust that i can.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
ghost town posting

car is out of storage, no changes made on it other than getting the vitaloni baby turbos on and repairing the PO's rear crash damage. oh and put a rear lip on. really waiting on the covid **** to relax so i can safely visit my parents' garage to take care of rust and an apparently new oil leak.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
no updates on na8 other than it is parked until at least next year. car needs too much TLC to be driving it as regularly as i have been. rear seals and clutch and stuff, bushings, engine mounts, rust repair and other body work, etc. new wheels and coilovers too sooner than later.

in other news my scion was totaled and i bought a fit.

2nd gen (ge8) base model, no rust (this is amazing to me still). being a 2nd gen fit, they tend to blow the plugs out of the head so i replaced those asap. also the front bumper was doa so i replaced it with a sport bumper. lowered and wheels eventually. really love this car, definitely the nicest thing i have owned (sad)

·
Mufasa in Training
33,009 Posts
Your Miata needs most of the things mine is getting in the next couple weeks. Good luck!

Always kind of wanted a Fit. In fact, I had cross-shopped the Fit against what eventually became the Mazda5 I bought instead. The Fit was overpriced for what it was (the Mz5 was bigger, quieter, more useful, despite costing slightly less).

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
probably not, i have my seat/hardtop and some wheels being built that are only going to fit NA. just need different chassis

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
rundown/plan for new chassis:
-had been sitting for a long time
-leaks a ton of oil, stuff ordered to fix it
-looks very untouched, has NO RUST
-paint is fucked
-interior is gross
-engine seems okay, definitely feels like it needs plugs and wires replaced
-trans feels good, shifter is terrible and worn
-came with one 185/65 and the rest were 185/60, the car pulls to the right (lol)
-looks to be a-package so it has torsen supposedly (cool surprise)

i've ordered stuff for a full timing/front seal job as well as shifter rebuild. waiting on wheels from wheelflip and still need coilovers/tires/fender roll. i still have zeta, hardtop, and exhaust from black car, as well as other miscellaneous interior bits. hoping to have this car done (shy of being painted) by october. still looking into what i want to do for audio, looking at parcel speakers in conjunction with door speakers. i am conflicted on the headunit choice, because while i want something more accurate to early 90s styling, i also really want something that looks like a y2k fever dream. baby turbos will also go on this car (they left with black na8, along with my demon cambers), and I am considering NUE lip over r package lip.

stuner mockup for posterity

181 - 200 of 218 Posts