ClubRoadster.net banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·

finally repainted and resealed the calipers with por15 caliper paint. one of the rear calipers was going to be too expensive to repair so im buying a remanufactured one as i type this out. need/want to find a set of new banjo bolts and crush washers to finish these off but rebuilding these has been a chore and im dying to just get the car on the fucking ground. i have a spring break coming up, and i have a small laundry list of stuff to do:

-install fresh brakes and bleed
-car desperately needs an oil change
-roll fenders
-buy 3 more tires and mount to mkiii
-bolt in my frame rail braces
-bolt in my joyfast exhaust
-put zeta in
i ran out of money so the car is going to sit until i get a job once i get all my stockpiled parts on it

·
Mufasa in Training
33,572 Posts
"Sit" as in "not be driven" or "no more new fun parts"?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
planned to finish the brakes on the car but rockauto royally fucked up my order so that didnt happen this weekend. got all the calipers on and halfway rolled the fenders, and got my tires exploded on. the tire machine took bites out of the rear of my spokes which i should be more mad about

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 · (Edited)
bled the brakes today and was able to pull the car out of the garage for a couple photos. rear wheels hit the brake calipers a little bit still but i think i can just file down the caliper at those points. replaced all swaybar endlinks too. still have a small oil leak somewhere after replacing the oil cooler o-ring. as long as the leak is coming from a gasket i havent already replaced, i'm not too upset.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts