ClubRoadster.net banner
241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
not a lot going on here during winter, but I was able to get my new fenders and (bnib) bumper mounted to the car. i gave the fenders a roll and super mild pull, I know they will need a more aggressive pull, but I am waiting to put the car on the ground to take care of that. i was also able to pull both of my rear axles with only a little bit of resistance. my initial plan was to get a 2-way for the car and put it in over winter, but seeing as that is another $1k and a headache, i am going to stick with the torsen for now. once the new axles (and seals that i forgot to buy) are installed, pretty much all of my focus is going to turn to prepping the car for paint in the spring. this includes getting a gv finish panel and mounting my sideskirts that have not arrived yet.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
started the car for the first time in about 5 months. started super strong considering the battery has just been left unattended in the trunk, which made me feel pretty good. finally finished replacing the axles, the increased boot size from oem gets REALLY close to the coilovers but hopefully that isnt an issue. also replaced the window regulator so that rolls down now. the front fenders need to be pulled way more from their current position as expected. side skirts and gv panel still have not arrived. hopefully they get here before the month is over so i can start in on paint prep. really killing me that the car is multicolored but oh well.

put 17s on it because i was bored

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
added more colors to the car, pulled fenders more, and installed racing beat header with a brand new magnaflow cat. sideskirts are still stuck at customs. when i was mocking up the gv panel for a photo i realized that this car was definitely rear-ended at some point, but it should be fine. at some point i'll straighten it out but thats currently out of scope for this project.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
cant get a good angle of the skirts from the front but they look good irl. fitment is eh, especially up front by the fender. waited 187 days from purchase until delivery today. paint prep is next, pretty much

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
i got all of my lights installed and aero ziptied on. hardtop is halfway bolted down and the front fenders actually seem to have a decent amount of clearance. this all means i was able to take the car out for its 2022 debut yesterday (lol). paint is next, while i button up some things i half-assed to get it to a drivable condition.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
forgot to post this stupid veilside bumper i have too. i thought about painting it and putting it on the car but i would obliterate it immediately and thats too much effort for just a silly look.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts