ClubRoadster.net banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
**** this is gonna be good 6 months from now
we all know this is a gotdamn lie

wheels are r o u g h. gonna be replacing the nuts because there are about 10 that are rusted to the point of no longer being a hexagon. fortunately it looks like none of them are siezed, but they will be difficult to get out. the 7j pair is way less beat than the 7.5j pair.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Pretty sure I saw a local guy with the molded trunk carpet for sale. What's it worth to ya so I can decide if the effort is worth it to me...
good lookin, but i dont care about my naked trunk too much at this point. maybe after the car stops pissing oil and i get all of the stuck bolts extracted.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
finally had some time to fix small things on car today. driver side window regulator broke months ago and i stumbled across a great deal on some parts, so i finally got that fixed. also replaced the stock window bushing with a delrin one, and I intend to do the same on the passenger side eventually. soldered some flakey speaker wires, put sound deadening in the driver door, and put snow tires on. up next is getting the clutch and seals replaced by someone who has more time than me.

also, what do people run for street sway bars? mine are rusty and ugly. need mo' cornering ability yo

YALL AINT EVER SEEN A DIRTY NA8 ON STOCK WHEELS

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #152 (Edited)
took a break from school to look at getting my maxim header fixed before going on the car, there are two leaks at two of the runners that i have no idea how they would be fixed. if i didn't know any better, i would extreme-temp jb weld over the apparent leak on the inside and then sand it down.

arrow pointing to where leak is

back of flange. the carbon deposit following the ground-down weld is where it's leaking(?)

i also ordered extended ARP wheel studs for the front because 7j +0 is 2weak4me, and i intend on running a 10-15mm spacer. hopefully i will have a free week or so over my winter break to get the front end refreshed. this includes poly rack bushings, tie rods, ball joints, brakes.

i have also recently been inspired by some new cars, most notably Daisuke Yamamoto's roadster:

aero is not my number one priority at the moment, i look forward to having a stylish car one day.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Been trying to get things done on car over my winter break. The car started running weird, better documented here: https://www.clubroadster.net/vb_forum/18-engine-transmission/250584-obdii-codes-car-running-poorly.html so I've been chasing that for the last couple of days.

I got new speakers and made door cards, replaced a bunch of window regulators. The brand-new OEM manual regulator I put in cured the terrible door buzzing from bass I was dealing with. The door cards are made of ABS by "Primer 3d," I also purchased his backing foam and vinyl that he had on his store, they turned out alright. Replacing the armrest style pull with the handle-only pull.

Also have this in the mail now:

Feels dumb fixing things on the car that arent related to the ****-running engine :dunno:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Now that the car runs well again (it was the MAF causing issues), I got my seat in from Bo. I am a skinny dude at 29" waist but this thing fits me snug, so that was exciting. Gonna chill out tonight and take bolts out of demon cambers to get those ready to be mounted.

pooch does not fit in zeta

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
got some stuff done recently in these warmer days. replaced clutch master and slave, as well as an extended stainless line to replace the rubber hose and curly hardline. feels much better now. i also replaced the cas o ring again with a proper Viton piece, as well as the rear thermosensor in an effort to remedy the bogging and idle issues ive addressed in another thread. (car currently runs well but with little reason)

shitty seal vs Viton 222

soon: suspension and brake stuff
not as soon: wheels

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
had some time yesterday so i decided to put in my bucket, it ended up being way more of a hassle than anticipated. I used planted brackets and needed to cut a good chunk out of the right side to adjust the seat over to the right at all. even then i still trimmed some material off of my upper door card. oh well, seat is in and its so nice to drive in. i also test fit one of my wheels for fun so that has me excited.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts