ClubRoadster.net banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
started on brakes and things. found out i need 3 new calipers, rounded a couple bolts, broke a bolt test fitted wheels. need to have car all done by wednesday (yikes)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
spent today getting tires mounted on the demon cambers and then de-seizing my coilovers. lowered the car, maxed out in the back. things were looking good until i went to roll my fenders and found out that there was a patch of painted-over rusty metal, so the roller just broke that and now my fender looks shittyyyyyyy. shrug for now.

pre-roll

post-roll

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
just unbolt the rear fenders and get new ones

its a bummer because i actually did a good job rolling it, just having metal disintegrate makes for an ugly fender. shrug. im probably keeping this car forever and that will just be some of the necessary rust repair. front calipers are either coming in today morning or tomorrow morning, and the car needs to be done by tomorrow. :suicide:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
not much of an update, but all of the new brake **** is on and i cannot get the pedal to firm up after many bleedings. berrie came up from california to help bleed brakes/go to final bout, though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I remember when I couldn't get my pedal firm after fucking around with my clutch.

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't have my bleeder cracked open enough

Maybe it was also the fact that my clutch master cylinder was dead, and leaking

Cracking my bleeder open and having it leak everywhere and a new master brought my pedal back to life

your mileage may vary

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #173

needs mirrors but i like it. brakes feel fine, keeping an eye on it tho for now. gonna try to take care of some rust on friday

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
trying to take care of this neglected thing today. needs tie rods, i figured i would put in the steering rack bushings i had laying around. wrong answer, the driver's side mating surface of the rack is so corroded and **** that the new bushing doesnt fit around the rack. trying to figure out a way to scrape off the corrosion and sheeit without taking off the whole got damn rack.

filed under: things that shouldnt be a problem, but are

also, this is the year i finally buy a "daily." really excited to not have this car lugging my fat ass around.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
got new boots/tie rods/end links on. pretty sure the old ones had been on the car for 23 years. car has a weird scraping noise when driving now and the alignment is hella off, gonna try to figure that out tomorrow.

i also relocated the hard lines to the inner side of the frame rail so the studs wouldnt scrape, its ugly but it works.

chopped off stud:

relocated:

last, i bought a daily so i can actually commute in the winter, xB with 130k miles, its pretty cool

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
f i n a l l y was able to get the car aligned. car drives really nice now. still have these mirrors i hate but really trying to focus on just fixing half-assed things on the car before spending money on mirrors.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,350 Posts
Funny: I wouldn't think your "before" alignment was that bad. I happen to like a forward [negative] camber bias.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
no update on car, have been driving and enjoying. xB got a flat recently and got to use my na8 as a spare, i laughed

161 - 180 of 198 Posts