ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if they would do it or how many units it would take but if there is some interest... maybe someone could approach them.

Would this appeal to anyone?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, dicker. Not sure who you are or what affiliation you have with stance but it seems you might be wrong.

It sounds like they are, at least, willing to reduce price based on volume. Not sure _what_ that volume is but if we can get a high-level list going of those interested, I'll send them some preliminary numbers.

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks, dicker. Not sure who you are or what affiliation you have with stance but it seems you might be wrong.

It sounds like they are, at least, willing to reduce price based on volume. Not sure _what_ that volume is but if we can get a high-level list going of those interested, I'll send them some preliminary numbers.
Who do I talk to you at Stance?

BTW, I don't speak Chinese.

:lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
What kind of price are you looking for? The place I'm going to buy them from sells them for $1100.99.

Can't expect much better than that.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Holy crap that's expensive for a generic brand with little support and relatively unproven performance record. Who's offering rebuild/revalve services for these?

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
Holy crap that's expensive for a generic brand with little support and relatively unproven performance record. Who's offering rebuild/revalve services for these?
stance are bomb, they're quite popular for other cars, and now that they've been sorted on the miata, they're great.

I'd take them over the flex any day (except for trying to be super low, flex always wins!)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Dicker, can you please write an updated review of your Stance coilovers and maybe put it in a new thread for archive purposes? I know you broke an adjuster on them and then last month you were considering changing over to the Tein Flex (Link). I'm sure others besides myself would like to know what makes them the bomb. If you could please include in your review your spring rates, ride height, did you corner balance, how well did the adjusters work (type of adjuster knob? positive clicks? range 1-15 clicks how much difference did it make?), what type of driving you do, whether they include bump stops, etc. I also heard something about revised upper mounts so if you could please include details on that as well.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
At what price do people consider rebuilt/revalve capability absolutely necessary? I don't mind throwaway shocks if I'm only spending $300 but at $1200 I'm put off by the unknown availability of support/service.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Seriously if you think that's expensive for coilovers then I think your expectations might be a bit off. These are not generic, they are being used by race teams (drifting) which is really all I need to know... One guy did a complete comparo vs the JIC's and they are almost identical in build and quality but for 600.00 less. I have a feeling they skimped on some parts but for the most part it's a good deal.

Here is the thread with the JIC comparo:
http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=144583&highlight=Stance+SUS+Coilover+Review

This is the racing team that uses Stance Coilovers
http://www.teamenjuku.com/

So these have racing support which IMO puts them heads and tails above Megan / KSport and so on.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Coilovers come in a wide range of prices/performance/quality. I stated why I thought the price of the Stance units were on the high side (newcomer to market, unknown service/support, alleged breaking parts) but I happily await Dicker or anybody else to respond with their view as I have no 1st hand experience with this particular product. I'd rather see a Miata specific review, not 350Z or 240SX. I'd also prefer a review that includes both initial and LONG TERM impressions. While Team Enjuku is involved in motorsports they are not a race team.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Coilovers come in a wide range of prices/performance/quality. I stated why I thought the price of the Stance units were on the high side (newcomer to market, unknown service/support, alleged breaking parts) but I happily await Dicker or anybody else to respond with their view as I have no 1st hand experience with this particular product. I'd rather see a Miata specific review, not 350Z or 240SX. I'd also prefer a review that includes both initial and LONG TERM impressions. While Team Enjuku is involved in motorsports they are not a race team.
Bingo. They're close, but not close enough.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
quick review since im at work and should be on the road to Los angeles right now..

Build quality/Fit and Finish is awesome, much better than the megans and much beefier than the tein.

My initial impression was not the greatest because the rear top mounts were poorly designed and you had very limited height adjustment and i was bottoming out far too much.

After a while they sent out a new set of top mounts that fixed the problem, however i broke one of the adjusters off (mix of user error/small parts) and was not able to adjust it and was growing tired of the rough ride due to the bad adjustments.

Now 12k miles later and after replacing the adjuster (i sent stance an email and 3 days later i had the parts i needed no questions asked, and they shipped them in an SR20 oil filter box, ahha) and setting the dampening to 5 F 7 R, the car rides well, feels very planted and its not too stiff by any means.

I drive the car very hard, i run a canyon every night as a part of my drive home, and my cruising speed on the freeway is 90-100 and the car feels very stable and planted.

a few of the members have ridden in my car and some have driven it, and they all like it.

Sorry im terrible at these, if you guys have any questions, ask, and ill be able to answer them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here, let me make this easy for you.

stance, does NOT do GROUP BUYS!

I didn't say maybe.

kthx.
Again, who are you? I hate that I have to prove myself but here, this is the email I received from Stance on this matter.

Hi,

Let us know how many sets you're interested in, we can give you discount
accordingly.

thank you

Customer Service
Stance
Maybe you should have said maybe?

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
here, let me make this easy for you.

stance, does NOT do GROUP BUYS!

I didn't say maybe.

kthx.
Again, who are you? I hate that I have to prove myself but here, this is the email I received from Stance on this matter.

Hi,

Let us know how many sets you're interested in, we can give you discount
accordingly.

thank you

Customer Service
Stance
Maybe you should have said maybe?

somone who tried to do a stance group buy, and at the time their dealer paperwork said group buys were not allowed.

Looks like they've changed their selling rules.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts