ClubRoadster.net banner

Suggestions for exterior mods

2K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 ·
With my motor swap/rebuild nowhere near completion, it is time to turn my attention to the exterior of my car.

I need some color to break up the silver/clear/black theme. I am trying to find a set of these

But I may just go with stock (gasp) side markers and an amber side winkers.
My other thought is some stripes from the left front fender wheel opening center to the hood fender line going back at a angle. SSR blue/red of course.
Flares?
GV Vintage tail?
Zoom Elan tail lights?
Full Elan kit, my only concern here is how it would look in silver.
Thoughts, ideas and criticism (honest and blunt) accepted.
Thanks
Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
What about the interior? I mean, you spend most of your time driving the car right? (well maybe when you are here :wink: ) So how about some cool interior mods? Eye Candy is always fun!!! Seats, Steering Wheel, Rollbar, Custom console, gauges, etc?

If you want to stay with the exterior, i would say, do something retro that works with the Wantanbes, and KG mirrors. The Elan kit would work, or maybe.......... a Pit Crew Nose, like the Road&Ster Roadster? that would be sick too!

PhatMiata

#3 ·
them Wats' are making me hot all over ;);) ... the fender stripes are a great idea. If I were you I would add black front mudflaps and silver (short) rear mudflaps. They make the car slightly wider looking, and are very functional too.

As to the sidemarkers- methinks clears would look pretty clean. Of course I'm kind of allergic to chrome myself :D so YMMV

#4 ·
What about the interior? I mean, you spend most of your time driving the car right? (well maybe when you are here :wink: ) So how about some cool interior mods? Eye Candy is always fun!!! Seats, Steering Wheel, Rollbar, Custom console, gauges, etc?
PhatMiata
I have the interior all figured out-

Custom red/black door panels with black Nakamae pulls and 93LE speaker grills. Black inner release cups.

Red Carpeting

Red vintage Nakamae center console. (relocate the PW switches there)

AWD bits Guage faces, needle caps and cigarette surround

Red seats 93LEs or recoverd stockers in red (Katzkin) or Nakamaes. well except for the seats, but the budget will be the determing factor.

#5 ·
chris,

i think that given your interior (red, discreet, simplified), i would be prone to leaving the exterior mods VERY subtle and stick with purposeful ones at that. flares will require different wheels (which i would love to buy the wats if you do). coloed stripes would be over the top and would introduce too many colors.

if you do stripes. i would red stripes with white and/or black outlines. or black stripes with a red outline.

r-pack rear spoiler is a must, upainted.

the sivlerstone is such a complex color, because it it metallic, it will accentuate the line and curves more than most other colors.

i like the black gaduated stripes papa joe has on his silverstone, but i don't think it will go very well with the red interior you are doing.

no_rear_trunk_spoiler.

clearcoat the entire car.

#6 ·
Steve-
I like your ideas. My mods may be so subtle no one can see them!
I am going to buy a new rear bumper cover, I need to have FM Duals on my car and there is an unknown center exit exhaust~ maybe BSP? headed for the dumpster.
The Wats were on Joe's car and he had the KG Works flares (he is selling me his car 1 part at a time :mrgreen: ) I will probably leave the exterior alone, just get the vintage corner markers and amber winkers.
GV Front, R pack rear lips, Classic gas lid
GV or Zoom taillights, will have to have the new rear bumper painted any way and the minor damage on the pass side.
Need some 15" SSR Comps for everyday.

#12 ·
Steve-
I like your ideas. My mods may be so subtle no one can see them!
I am going to buy a new rear bumper cover, I need to have FM Duals on my car and there is an unknown center exit exhaust~ maybe BSP? headed for the dumpster.
The Wats were on Joe's car and he had the KG Works flares (he is selling me his car 1 part at a time :mrgreen: ) I will probably leave the exterior alone, just get the vintage corner markers and amber winkers.
GV Front, R pack rear lips, Classic gas lid
GV or Zoom taillights, will have to have the new rear bumper painted any way and the minor damage on the pass side.
Need some 15" SSR Comps for everyday.

...read this just fter the nick of time...see previous post! :lol:

#13 ·
Red Carpeting

Red vintage Nakamae center console. (relocate the PW switches there)

Red seats 93LEs or recoverd stockers in red (Katzkin) or Nakamaes. well except for the seats, but the budget will be the determing factor.

I think R-Speed had a 93LE that got totaled, and they still have some of the interior parts, you might call them up. Some of the parts were on SleazEbay i think?

PhatMiata

#16 ·
Personally, if you're gonna do Silver and Black, you need to keep things sinister and simple. I strongly suggest either getting a set of black TSI's or making a set like mine from a stock set of housings. I can show you how if you want.

#18 ·
chris- i like the idea of using the stock side markers. i don't like the idea of adding brightwork because it's there. it starts to clutter the form and takes away from the charater of the car.

i think what you have planned will really be unique but understated and serious.

haven't heard from you rob, but if you need it, i can store the Stain here as long as you need.

#20 ·
I know it's hard to keep stuff the way it is but I honestly think it's perfect the way it is. It looks really nice, clean and classy.....nothing over the top. My only suggestion might be to paint the outside of the a pillar black to match the hardtop. Maybe some silver rear mudflaps too.............mmmmmm hotness. :mrgreen:

#21 ·
My opinion on the exterior? Keep it clean and uncluttered - or - Zoom all the way....you would be the first in the country

Want the ultimate wing? Look to Nopro:

Or, if you keep it clean....and you are looking for the ultimate 'Eunos hachi roku', then look no further than inspiration from our buddy Ricky:

Or Nakamura-san:

Web page: http://carlife.carview.co.jp/UserCar.asp?UserID=116562&Mode=All

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.