ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Our Summer Sale is on NOW through 7/10/15!

Save up to 30% Off on Robbins replacement convertible tops (defroster glass windows are a FREE UPGRADE!), tonneaus and top boots, car covers, grilles, chrome, body styling, low profile headlight kit, turn signal intakes, bras, trailer hitches and MORE!

Click the link, choose your car, and SAVE!

Thanks for reading. Please PM me with any questions!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why are the streamline tops cheaper than the factory style tops? Is the factory style more durable? And lastly, do you know whether the glass is fitted lower on the streamline tops than on the factory style tops? I read that somewhere, but am not sure of the validity of that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry, for an NB. I think they have zipperless versions of both.

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the interest and questions, guys! I'm traveling so I have asked Mike to post here and answer your questions. Streamline and Factory are equally durable and have 6 year warranties. I think Streamline may be easier for Robbins to make, hence the lesser price. Ben, I think that antenna is 12" or 14" but I'm not sure.

Mike should have an answer for you all today. Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why are the streamline tops cheaper than the factory style tops? Is the factory style more durable? And lastly, do you know whether the glass is fitted lower on the streamline tops than on the factory style tops? I read that somewhere, but am not sure of the validity of that.

Thanks!

The main difference, as Chris mentioned, is the design. The factory style mimics the factory design with deck seams and quarter panels that overlap the window slightly. The streamline style is much simpler to make and therefore cheaper.

As far as the window positioning I wasn't sure so I took a look at the cars we have in the shop and the factory style does sit about a half of an inch lower than the streamline.

Hope that helps!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts