ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an FM radiator (90/10 mix), high pressure radiator cap, stock fans made to run together at 96degrees Celcius, BEGI radiator scooper, NACA duct for my blocked off intake, heat shield for the turbo, and complete blocking so air cant get around the intercooler, condensor, and radiator. Heres some pix

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just tell myself that my coolant temp sensor is wrong......

ever since I first installed a racing beat header (before I went turbo) the gauge has read between dead center (like it did stock), and a bit to the right of center. I was worried at first, but I drove a summer with the header and no problems. mand then a summer with the turbo and no problems.....

Still, I have upgraded to a KOYO all aluminum race rad, 160* thermostat, and I have an AWR shroud and fans on the way through Bill's group buy. I have also removed the AC condensor from in font of the radiator for better flow.....
All that and stil no significant change in the way the needle acts..... I chalk it up to ambient heat

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I'm working on a radiator sprayer for the even hotter than Hell months we have in FL for both my vehicles.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I just tell myself that my coolant temp sensor is wrong......

ever since I first installed a racing beat header (before I went turbo) the gauge has read between dead center (like it did stock), and a bit to the right of center. I was worried at first, but I drove a summer with the header and no problems. mand then a summer with the turbo and no problems.....

Still, I have upgraded to a KOYO all aluminum race rad, 160* thermostat, and I have an AWR shroud and fans on the way through Bill's group buy. I have also removed the AC condensor from in font of the radiator for better flow.....
All that and stil no significant change in the way the needle acts..... I chalk it up to ambient heat
Airbrush,
My NB's temp sensor reads exactly the same way. I also have a racing beat header. But I can't remember if it has always done this or just in the past year in a half after I bought the headers. It scares me a little too. Especially after seeing this picture that shows us reading at about 220 to 240 degrees.

Also you won't see significant changes from your mods since the stock gauge is an idiot temp gauge as described hear. http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=222891

·
Registered
202 Posts
So far I have added the FM twin cooler, 160 stat, spal fan replacing stock A/C fan (fans run parallel), blocked off front, and removed A/C. Did great for driving, but still overheated on the track.

While the motor is out, I am going to do the coolant reroute. The front will be blocked off completely, bringing the coolant out the rear of the head to the radiator on the passenger side. The heater core return will be ran directly EGI sells.

And I am putting A/C back in. LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts