ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wears 'em while driving?

I borrow my girl's square $12.99 sunglasses while driving once, it was good!

Then again, when I drive with the top down, I get "sun leakage" in the gap between the lens and my face/forehead.

So, who wears 'em while driving and what kind are they? 8)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wear them. It is a must for me when I'm driving during the day. All I wear is Spy optics. They are the ****, and are less than 100 bucks. 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm actually looking on ebay for biker glasses (foam to seal to your eyes) but wondering what works in terms of yellow lenses, anti-reflective coatings and all that stuff

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Yeah, I'm actually looking on ebay for biker glasses (foam to seal to your eyes) but wondering what works in terms of yellow lenses, anti-reflective coatings and all that stuff
Just get these Aviator goggles --they're sealed, most come with a variety of lenses (including yellow lenses) and are quite comfortable. They may be over the top for Miata driving, but they work great in the Atom.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I wear them. It is a must for me when I'm driving during the day. All I wear is Spy optics. They are the ****, and are less than 100 bucks. 8)
Spy's myself, Espadas in white. I'll switch around to some Utopia's if I feel like it, but I've got like 4 other pairs of Spy MicroScoops. All from my reps for free :mrgreen:

·
Registered
605 Posts
i usually just get the cheapo ones from the carts in the mall. no use to me in getting expensive glasses.
Same here. I like polarized lenses for driving - they cut glare from road surfaces, other cars. Expensive sunglasses tend to last longer/look better up close, but as long as they're not so bent they sit crooked on your face, the mall cart "designer impostor" sunglasses are functionally up to the task.

I'm not hardcore enough for aviator goggles.

·
Registered
402 Posts
i usually just get the cheapo ones from the carts in the mall. no use to me in getting expensive glasses.
I do the same. I usually sit on my shades or lose them. No point in paying +$100 for sunglasses.
Compare the lens quality sometime. If you can actually keep them nice, there's a big difference. I've got a pair of Oakleys I've had for about two years, and I need to get another pair that's polarized for long drives.

·
2,708 Posts
Cheap, drug-store clip-ons for me. I'll lose or break the expensive ones, never fails. I like the polarized, tan/brown shades myself. it really brings out the details when driving aggressively in the mountains or otherwise. The contrast is outstanding also. I stay away from the limo-tint black shades cause you can't see **** when driving!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I used to wear a pair of Oakley juliets all the time (glare problems at night). If I bought cheap ones I would not care about them and loose them, the expensive ones I'd hang onto for several years.

I have to wear perscription ones now with magnetic clip ons, works great.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Best I've found for eliminating glare are the old folks style-over-the-glasses style plastic sunglasses. Had to stop wearing them because my girlfriend was afraid to be seen with me wearing them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm blind, I hate contacts so I have a pair of Rayban prescriptions :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
My eyes catch fire if I go outside while it's light out without a good pair on.

I've got:
- 2 pairs of Spy's (Griffin and MC)
- 4 pairs of Oakley's (Straight, Monster Doggle, Monster Dog, and Gascan's)
- 1 pair of Eletric's (EC/DC)
- About 3 random no name glasses.

I guess I'm kind of a sunglass whore. lol. I think I might even have Paul beat when it comes to Oakley stuff.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts