ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
great pictures. thanks for posting. Next year there will be a miata.

oh yes. there will be. >:)

They did really poor job of outlining classes. from their post, it looks like our car finished 5th in class or something instead of first...

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's good to see my karting buddy Billy Johnson back out there in the 510 this year.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:52 pm]great pictures. thanks for posting. Next year there will be a miata.

They did really poor job of outlining classes. from their post, it looks like our car finished 5th in class or something instead of first...
I just looked at the results more clearly, how can you be first when the Porsche in the Limited FR class had a faster time? Are the numbers wrong? Classes wrong?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:52 am]great pictures. thanks for posting. Next year there will be a miata.

Matt-I really want to see a Miata out there next year. What are you going to power it with?

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
you can see what I mean. The GT2, S2000, and a couple other FR limited cars were on R coompounds. We competed in the street tire class. (over 150 tread wear). The supra wouldn't have won the FR limited class on r compounds, but it would have been about 3-4 sec a lap faster...

as for powering the miata, car just recieved a 2.0L engine, 750cc injectors, and a GT2871R. Now we have a season to figure out how to not break sh!t with it.

A comment about one of the cars in the photos-

that Tein S15 was nuts. RB26 stuffed about 2ft further back than is natural.the engine was half way under the dash it looked...

And full bore - your buddy should be proud. Not only is that 510 show quality, it goes like stink. He definately was wheeling that thing around the track pretty good.

Matt

·
Registered
489 Posts
Matt- I've heard a lot of nice things about that 510 and the lap times are proof that's it's not just a show car. lol. Then again it dosen't hurt to have a California state champion/ex Formula BWM racer/ALMS/Grand AM driver pushing the car around either. :mrgreen: Hopefully a deal will materialize for next year unlike this year... :roll:

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mattt, thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now.

That 510 is bad-ass! I predict a few more "hire-hands" next year, my friend is the Senior Editor for SuperStreet and he tells me this event is so popular people are holding off their SEMA show cars just to be in it!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
150 is not r compound. RA1s have a 100 tread wear rating, and are the highest rated r compound I can think of.

We were running Yokohama Neovas. A full fledged street tire. I think with a little more power, and a little more tuning, we could get the car down to pretty near 2:00 on those tires. An RA1 or A048 would shave a little over 3 seconds I believe...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts