ClubRoadster.net banner

supermanwithheat's new ride: Dark knight

3K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  superman with heat 
#1 · (Edited)
well so far, as of thursday, i've fulfilled one of my childhood dreams ... to own my "affordable" dream car 1990 Nissan 300zx twin turbo although not my dream color (purple) its black and sinister looking lol

In another thread i started here on this forum, i told you guys i wouldn't sell/trade my miata for this car but i proved myself wrong ... i had to have it. i've been in love with this car since the age of 8 (i believe) and i finally have it

the car needs work ... its 21 years old. i know i know "good luck working on the motor" I'm looking forward to it lol

i will be restoring the interior since the PO seemed to not car about anything but the sound of the engine and the purge of the BOV ...

the exterior is almost done

mods on the car:
99 jspec front bumper<<-replica, headlights, tail lights
HKS ss bov
HKS full exhaust system (turbo back)
HKS turbo timer
tein super flex
VOLK racing Winning f-zero
jim wolf ecu
apexy boost gauge ...
Bomex side skirts (I removed these already lol)
Megan racing bucket seats with unknown harness
Bride steering wheel (don't know if its real) with NRG quick release

I'm really looking forward to this car and what the future has in store for us

p.s i haven't given up on miatas ... I'm probably picking up a 91 next week that needs a new motor

warning: updates on this thread will be slow lol I'm a college student, full time dad and underpaid mofo lol

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks guys.

Eventhough this car is much older then what I previously drove and needs more work/restoration, I feel its an upgrade

The HKS sticker/s will be coming off along with a few other things I'm not to fond of

Plans for this car:
Daily driver
Sell current wheels and buy something more appealing to me (remember my miata :D )
Restore the interior and bring it up to date.
Hopefully have the motor rebuilt with new internals,turbos and a few other goodies by this summer and have the engine bay steamed cleaned along with the under carriage
Add a few more goodies to the exterior
Be one of THEE baddest z32s around my valley

Things always change so let's see what the future holds

#14 ·
Looks mean. What are the specs on the wheels? Migfht be interested in them when you plan to sell :)

#17 · (Edited)
Sean- here's a thread I started regarding my wheels
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=54678
I still haven't got a chance to verify

Jspade- that'll be taken care of with the rebuild ;-)

Jerry- ironically my gf shares the same love I do for this car. Apparently her dad had a few z32's as she was growing up so she loved the idea when I mentioned my plans to her ... to bad her dad hates me with a passion lol

#21 ·
Dave- thanks man ... btw, ill pm you about this but I'll still ask. Mind if I borrow your fender roller again :D gotta get this car ready for some new wheels

Runit- I think its better then what I dream of lol

Caleb- thanks, its not in to bad of a condition so it has plenty of hope regarding the exterior ... the interior is where it needs a lot attention

#23 ·
Rev2rev- thanks man, I appreciate the shitty love lol

Small update for those guys commenting on the fuel lines ... I went ahead and replaced them all today :D no worrying anymore about catching on fire (well for now lol)

Tomorrow, radiator replacement

#25 ·
I've always liked these cars

My only issue with them is I work with a kid with the non Turbo version with straight pipes on it and it sounds terrible.

His is a beater and most in my area are so I'm glad to see a clean one good luck with it. A purple one would be ballet though

#26 · (Edited)
Update:
Tragic turn of events ... I was forced to get rid of my Z :-(

Here's what happened
After my last update regarding the radiator replacement, the Z blew a turbo. I was ok with it since my plan was to rebuild the motor. Just like everyone else around this time of the year, I was waiting on my income tax to go through with this rebuild and new turbos (JWT sport 500s.) I was using my other DD to get around which is why I wasn't in a predicament. Well that was until last week...

I got into accident in my DD that I used to get around with my daughter and GF. I had recently down graded the insurance from full coverage to liability (I was getting ready to buy another DD for my GF, something newer) well just my luck, the car was totaled (I hit a light pole trying to avoid hitting another car) ... I was lefft with no car, no means of transportation to and from work. Thankfully my brother was nice enough to lend me his miata to get to work but I still needed a car to transport my little family

So the Z went up for sale/trade with a blown turbo. I ended up straight trading a guy on zilvia for his zenki s14 comepletely stock with the exception of lowering springs. The only thing I kept from the Z were the wheels (I will be selling them to fix the issues on the s14)

The reason I traded for an s14 is simple... It has a backseat (in case I need to drive my daughter somewhere) and i can still mod it after I get my GF the DD I promised her lol

So here it is. 95 se S14 cons: 197k miles, needs rear subframe bushings, egr valve cleaned and lifters readjusted
Future plans: swap (maybe an RB25 after I buy my GFs DD) I'm still comtemplating a kouki front end conversion, LE interior swap (well just the rear seat) and an occasional weekend drift car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.