ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also working on this project for my build, what is the recommended thickness? The other question I had was as far as the Supermiata specs, no front splitter, but is a mini undertray ok for attachment?

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
I'm also working on this project for my build, what is the recommended thickness? The other question I had was as far as the Supermiata specs, no front splitter, but is a mini undertray ok for attachment?
I believe the sheets are 1/8" thick. and yes, no splitter allowed but flat undertray is okay with no incline.

-Henry

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Revisiting an old topic, what do you guys use in terms of a framework to make the airdam as rigid as possible?

·
Ricer in Disguise
1,127 Posts
Im using ABS for the air dam and HDPE for the under tray. They both hold up really well IMO. I got the dam material from speedway. Haven't tried HDPE for the dam itself.

For frame work I used some angle iron that I bolted to the actual bumper on the chassis, and the same to the inner fender area. Some people use cables, some hard mount. there is a few ways to actually do it.

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Revisiting an old topic, what do you guys use in terms of a framework to make the airdam as rigid as possible?
My splitter frame provides some support at the bottom, but because my HPDE dam is 1/8" thick, it is pretty rigid in itself. I also have radiator ducting butted directly behind the air dam which provides additional strength. Some others have left the stock bumper intact and built the airdam over it.

Im using ABS for the air dam and HDPE for the under tray. They both hold up really well IMO. I got the dam material from speedway. Haven't tried HDPE for the dam itself.

For frame work I used some angle iron that I bolted to the actual bumper on the chassis, and the same to the inner fender area. Some people use cables, some hard mount. there is a few ways to actually do it.
Speedway's rolls are actually HPDE.

-Henry

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not pictured but i did make a frame for rigidity out of aluminum.

gonna be cutting out most of the undertray to make room for a splitter frame soon though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts