ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'02 Miata SE, 6sp, BP-Z3. Totally stock engine, 130k miles. I was on a trip a few months ago and noticed that with the cruise control on if I hit an expansion joint the engine would take a hit and just... stop for a second. It wasn't like a spark miss, more like a fuel miss or timing suddenly went whack for just a beat. Any jolt on the highway would make it do this, but only if the temperature outside was below 45 or so.

Today it was 40 and I went to go to work and the car was surging extremely bad for the three miles or so of surface streets before I got on the highway. Once the engine temp was up (just before I turned onto the on-ramp) the engine was fine, but before that leaving from a stop sign and accelerating was a lumpy awful mess. I have checked and re-seated every plug under the hood I can find and wiggled all sorts of wiring around. My camshaft position sensor was replaced about 6 or 7 months ago with a new unit from Rockauto.

I'm going to hopefully do some data logging tomorrow. Anyone have suggestions for PIDs I should check? Any thoughts on what's causing this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts