ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to replace all suspension bushings in my miata. the car feels tired and "loose". does anyone have experience with these items?

does mazdaspeed maybe make a set???

...also on a side note, my car makes a "knock" or "clunk" near the driver's front side when rolling over bumps. any ideas?

kepani

·
Registered
205 Posts
Kinda of hard to get, but I'm sure its not impossible.

I use the RS Aizawa full Pillow set

Much better than stock, and no need to worry about noise/bind from lack of lube.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do those aizawas work? Is that a metal sleeve surrounding the bushing? Metal on metal doesn't sound like a good idea, probably pretty hard to install as well.

I have the superpros, it's been almost a year and no squeaking. Completely changes the car's character. Added stiffness is most felt going over road slats or expansion joints. Installing them was time consuming but not very difficult. I fully recommend them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That page says for 90-03, not 90-93.
man, i'm not so sure i can blame it on working overtime lately... :p

damn, i'm blind!!!

thanks...i'll see if i can get a hold of a set. will replacing all bushings help out a lot with regards to tightening up the car? or shall i also be fitting my na with some sort of strut tower bar as well? my car currently doesn't have one.

·
CR.net Supporter
45 Posts
get the superpro kit off of flyin miata.

i just put them in my car, and its like driving a new car, no more head shake or any of that ****.

I just recieved my bushing kit from FM, was it hard to install ?, and how much time did it take to install?

·
Registered
61 Posts
kepani, are you hearing any sort of noise from your suspension?

im hearing a popping noise and im thinking it's the bushing, but i dont want to drop the money on it and it not be the problem

just wondering what's up with your car :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kepani, are you hearing any sort of noise from your suspension?

im hearing a popping noise and im thinking it's the bushing, but i dont want to drop the money on it and it not be the problem

just wondering what's up with your car :)
well, i'm having a hard time figuring out if it's coming from the suspension (and hence the bushings) or if it's the caliper sliders not being well lubed. i'm definitely on the look out for a full bushing replacement...but i'm worried this will not completely solve the noise.

in fact, the noise has gotten more frequent. it's getting quite annoying... :x

are you experiencing some sort of noise?

kepani

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Popping noise while cornering= classic symptom of alignment bolts being too loose. Or if some moron had lubed the alignment bolt/ washers.

Get you a new style alignment bolt and tighten the bejesssus out if them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we'll work and other things have been bogging me down...but i'm now back to searching for a suspension bushing set.

i've narrowed my choices down to these:
mazdaspeed - link
maruha competition - link
flyin' miata superpro - link

the mazdaspeeds seem like the best choice for me since i'm not looking for a ultra stiff ride. however, i do plan to get on the track with this car in the future so maybe i should consider either the maruhas or the flyin' miata superpros? the thing about the maruha's is that they're pricey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got the SuperPro from Flyin' Miata, and I have no complaints, although I wish I had gotten the adjustable set for the extra $50, as I can only get about -1 degree of camber out of my front end.

I'd suggest burning out the stock bushings with a torch. It's messy, but fairly easy. I went this route after bending a control arm trying to press out one of the stock bushings. Luckily I had access to an extra control arm.

The poly bushings are easy to install. I pulled the bushings in using a long section of all-thread and some big fender washers. I found that to be much easier to control than a press.

-Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts