ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, might get slated for this. Im relatively new to the whole suspension geometry/terminology thing. Ive currently got bilstein shocks and rsr springs, they were on the car when it was imported. This is a very stiff setup. Will be going the sportmax route and drive street and will be doing a few track/drift days maybe 6/7 a year. I have about 1000 to spend on a good coilover set and am looking for a good looks/stiffness comprimise.

However I know nothing about this area, can someone explain to me (in plain speak) what my options are, or a link explaining diff adjustments etc and how they work?

·
Registered
459 Posts
if u already got springs and shocks and they're stiff, you may want to get other things if u want to track/drift. how do u like its handling so far? does the car push? understeer/over? with the current set-up, u can get strut bars, lower tie bars, adjustable sway bars and the rest to compliment your current stiff springs...all for under 1k and have alignment done.

·
Registered
459 Posts
o p.s. also, don't neglect the brake pads and brake fluid. they are important things to consider when tracking the car comes into play. and adding these mods to ur liveable bilstein suspension...u'll have a good handling car.and focus more investments in other areas instead of tossing ur money away with a fancy coilover and thats it imho.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers renesis, the car also came with lower and upper strut braces too. Car has a very harsh ride, but it doesnt sit that low either. It is inclined to oversteer at the moment though I havent had the alignment done yet. Ive just had the brakes bled in the last service and ferodo pads, seem to be working well but I havent tracked the car yet.

It will look strange with the sportmaxs too because it sits a little higher than Id like it, I want them to tuck nicely under there and be able to play with diff settings for street/track. So I guess its from an aesthetic point of view but I dont want them just for the sake of that if you know what I mean. Im sure there are cheap coilovers that will achieve the 'look' I want but Id rather spend the extra for quality.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i'd invest in a limited slip differential if you don't have one already. mainly because you already have a decent suspension setup (slammed looks cool, but has negative effects on the suspension geometry), and an lsd will help you with drifting, or gripping. if you have a 1.6, i'd upgrade to a 1.8 diff, since they're stronger (i know first hand).

thats my two cents.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks vicious, its a 93 1.8 s special, so it has a torsen I presume. Well theres definately one in it anyhow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts