ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy and I decided to install the flexes I got after work today. It all went great till I went for a test drive and the ABS sensor went crazy and kept trying to stop me for no reason. We didn't even touch the sensor except to bolt the support brackets to the new shocks.

Any ideas why that's going on?

That's not the end of it, though. SO I pull it back into the garage and we jack it up to check the drivers side front abs wire and try to get the wheel off and one nut decides to stick. We try the impact gun and it ain't coming off so we pulled out the breaker bar and off comes the nut... and about 2mm of the end of the stud with it. Great.

ugh. It all went pretty well up until then.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, the install itself was a breeze. There is just something weird going on with ABS and the wheel stud was a freak accident.

anyone with anything constructive to say?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
uh. wheel studs are pretty easy to replace. just hammer out the old one, and use a nut/new stud to install the new one. make sure to remove the rotor while doing the removing AND installing. as for installing, put the stud into it's hole, and take a nut and just tighten against the hub. should pull it in.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
howd you guys install the front coilovers ? remove the huge bolt connect the control arm to the chasis or the one with the cotter pin ? i did the huge bolt the first time..... which took forever and refused to come out nicely.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you can't figure it out, just take the ABS fuse out. ;) Of course, don't get into an accident if it is out, you can be held liable for tampering with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts