ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is reaching 225k now and i know the foundation of my miata is dead. So I am going to be doing my suspension overhaul and here are some things I had in mind. Let me know if I overlooked anything or any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

-Bushings (FM adjustable)
-Endlinks
-Balljoints
-Tie rods
-Camber bolts w/washers

On a side note, this car is daily driven, autox, tracks, and some drifting events. Just so there is an idea of the uses for this car.

Also if there is anyone that has the FM bushings installed on their miatas I would greatly appreciate their feedback: the good and bad

Thanks for the help :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the complete FM poly busings ( non adjustable) in my 1990 Miata. Install was long, but not difficult. The big harbor freight c-clamp really helps.

The problem I had with the urethane bushings is that they bind really easily if not carefully lubed every few months or if not precisely installed. After a year with no maintenance, the ride was harsh and the control arms would not move freely.

If I had to do it again, I would install new Mazdacomp oem style rubber bushings or the aftermaket urethane equivalent that twists instead of pivoting on a sleeve.

-Mike

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only if the mazda comp. bushings weren't so expensive :( they would've been my first choice, but what are the other urethane bushings are you refering to? Can you name some brands to be more specific...

Thanks Qayyoum

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the link, I am trying to do more research... confusing though when they talk about the orange and blue bushings and how someone got shipped the wrong bushings???

Thanks... if worst comes to worst i will just get the oem bushings.

-Q

·
Registered
592 Posts
Why tie rods? The entire rod or just the end?

If it is just the end look for 93LE ends-they are shorter than any other Miata tie rod end and help eliminate bump-steer (thanks to Randy Stocker for the tip!)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to replace just the tie rod ends, 93LE huh!... Great thanks for the tip =D>

-Q

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed the Maruha set. Pricey but cheaper in the long run. If you opt for the poly, you will need to relube, thus you will need to get the alignment done again and again.

Also, if you are needing some new brake rotors that would also be a good time to do it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The competition bushings they sell is too pricey! and also I don't need something that stiff. What do you think about the M1028 bushings they sell??? Do you know if they are the Mazda OEM ones or the 40% stiff ones that Mazdaspeed sells??

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts