ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,268 Posts
'91 YJ body and frame. Everything else is about two years old...

- LS3 w/ GM 4 speed auto tranny with gated shifter
- Holden (Pontiac GTO) ECU for independent tranny control. (I don't need my foot on the brake to start and can shut it off and start it up in any gear)
- NASCAR 9" rear end w/ Adams chromoly axles and Detroit Locker
- Dana 44 front w/ Adams chromoly axles and Detroit Locker
- AutoMeter gauges, full cage, armour plating, racing seats w/ harnesses, QR steering wheel
- Bulldog 10K winch
- 6" Rough Country lift on 35s

·
5,268 Posts
The other one in my stable. One of the first LJs to roll off the assembly line. Was actually used as a test mule for all things suspension when the LJ was introduced. This one was searched out and purchased with intent. So much frame testing and reinforcement, notching, and jesus... a true one-of-a-kind experience.

- OEM engine/tranny w/ ~120k miles because it actually does more than lap the mall.
- Too many suspension modifications and testing to name... Fox, TerraFlex, AntiRock, etc.
- Atlas transfer case
- Dana 60s w/ Detroit Lockers and, of course, Adams chromoly axles
- 40s
- Warn 10K winch

·
5,268 Posts
And finally, my 1976 FJ55, according to DMV records. There's a VIN plate somewhere in there making it so.

- LS525HP w/ ... actually easier to just say it has all the acronyms of parts humanly possible...

License plate makes it legal! It's in a bit of disarray right now as the radiator had to be pulled to fix a seam weld failure due to the jarring stop of a rollover. Sort of like a Miata hitting a curb at 173MPH, to put it in perspective.

The cockpit.

Took me a few minutes but I found a 10mm box end so the Miata crowd would have a point-of-reference to the box ends I needed for the radiator water lines.

Adjustable coilovers! Just like Raceland. Only different.

·
Administrator
15,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OH man. OH MAN.

Can you be my sugar daddy? Or at least get me some hook ups? :D

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Sure, but the intent isn't like.... dually brodozers. :)
Well as requested, here's my dually brodozer! Hahaha.

It's my 01 Ranger, 4.0 V6 4x4. My friend's rig is the 04(?) Subaru Forester with the LSD coupled with AWD in there.

These are old pictures though...as with any project it is always changing appearance/functionality.

·
Administrator
15,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'll play!

2004 Land Cruiser.
VAIS MML-T1, Infinity door speakers, rebuilt OEM sub, Amsoil everything.

Still on OE style tires and with the running boards. Wife loves them. We have taken it to 5 National Parks in 1 year of ownership. I've towed the racecar to Laguna Seca, Chuckwalla, AutoClub and Buttonwillow several times.

Long term plans are 275/70/18 A/T tires, OME 866 rear springs, running board and roof rack deletes, all the preventative maintenance.

I will probably never get rid of it.

Cleveland National Forest with Austin's Camperlance

Yosemite NP:

Crater Lake NP, Oregon:

We're putting a sticker on the RR window for every national park so far:
Crater Lake
Lassen Volcanic
Yosemite
Joshua Tree
Death Valley

Yea, it tows the miata gud.

·
Slammin' Ho's.
1,476 Posts
Concealer convinced me to come live the CR glory days again and this is basically the only thread I can relate to now.

Have the same exact model as him. 1998 Montero 2.5 generation Winter Package. Center/rear locker, heated seats, all the little goods. Took me awhile to find it, but I finally found exactly what I was looking for.

Got it bone stock.

Obviously had to do **** to it.
1.75" lift
35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
16" TE37X wheels

Thats about it. I have a whole list of **** to do to it.

·
Administrator
15,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Moooarrrrr toys! Just waiting on new front lower control arms, torsion bars, and rear springs now. But of course, because i'm me, i've also pretty much figured out a front coilover conversion in the meantime, so i have to decide if i jump straight to that, or rock some bars for a couple months and handle coilovers after i've done gears and a front Torsen.

2018-01-25_10-24-22 by concealer404, on Flickr

·
Registered
155 Posts
'88.5 Samurai. All original paint. A/C. Fresh houndstooth interior. 44mm Harley Davidson CV carb, Thorley header, and Magnaflow exhaust. It's more fun than it should be! Plus it can somehow carry 4 6'+ passengers comfortably. Blows my mind.

DSC_0131 by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
DSC_0140 by Tyler Williams, on Flickr

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Not mine, but you guys could appreciate it. Customer actually uses this thing as it's decked out to be. Unlike 99% of the lifted bro trucks that come through the shop

·
Administrator
15,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 91 Posts