ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Gotcha. Probably won't need UCAs for the small lift you'd get out of that, but i haven't looked into what the 5th gens like, much.

I'm on the lookout for a FJ Cruiser/Taco/5th gen 4runner TRD Pro suspension takeoff, myself. :lol:

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,844 Posts
for the LC?

Apparently the 5100s have 3 perch locations, with the highest giving a 2.5” lift. Pretty impressive... so I’d just have to figure out the rear.

I’m also trying to figure out tires. The lift isn’t going to get me any more inner clearance but will beg for bigger tires. Thinking mild “33s”... 255/80 or 285/70. Leaning 255 because I feel like 285/70 is bro-dozer-ish.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
No, for the 4runner. Not sure what the LC is getting yet. If it gets pressed back into Crystal-mobile, probably just a Dobinson's. If i take it over, something bigger.

285/70 isn't super wide or dozer-ish in my experience. I'm looking at either SCS F5s or the 16" TRD Beadlocks for the 4runner. If beadlocks, i'm going 285/75r16, same size i have on the Land Cruiser. Doesn't look wild or tasteless, unlike the 35x12.50r15 on the Monty. :lol:

·
8,844 Posts
But Immmm thinking F5s... we just can’t get the same color.

I’m also considering fifteen52s cast off-road wheels. At least their designs are unique.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
But Immmm thinking F5s... we just can’t get the same color.

I’m also considering fifteen52s cast off-road wheels. At least their designs are unique.

I'd be going bronze or the gunmetal. I don't feel strongly about either because my 4runner is basic bitch silver. :lol: If you buy first, i'll get whatever you don't get.

I honestly prefer the TRD beadlocks, but i'm hearing rumblings they might not fit on my particular truck because brakes.

Speaking of wheels, though. I snagged another set of 15x8.5 -31 Enkei Hurricanes. Not sure what to use them for yet. I think i can get them on the Land Cruiser with some minor caliper grinding. Or i just hold onto them to put on whatever stupid SUV i inevitably end up importing later.

·
8,844 Posts
Don’t know your source, but question your reading comprehension. SUVs are “trucks,” sure, if body-on-frame, but pick-up trucks are not SUVs. SUVs do not have open beds.

·
Super Moderator
6,413 Posts
Don’t know your source, but question your reading comprehension. SUVs are “trucks,” sure, if body-on-frame, but pick-up trucks are not SUVs. SUVs do not have open beds.
What would you classify a Subaru Baja as?

·
Registered
299 Posts
My wife thinks its hilarious in comparison but in the winter when Im not driving my tiny Japanese sports car im driving my huge American suv. I have a 2005 Hummer H2, mostly because I got it dirt cheap but also because Hummers are bad ass and anyone who says they arent has never been in the drivers seat. Besides, it balances the testosterone after driving the miata.

·
Registered
438 Posts
May I ask, since I've always wondered, what is that tab on the windshield wiper arm for?
Because I used to think it was to support the wiper in case it snowed on it, but given that 4Runners have it even though it hangs upside down, I'd wager that must not be the case...
Any clue?

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
It's the "resting space" for the wiper because that window rolls down.

·
Registered
438 Posts
1) Cool!
2) That means you can go side windows down, rear window down on the highway and enjoy freshness during the hot days! Wicked!
3) How exactly does it keep the wiper from hanging down? Is it like an electromagnet?

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I don't think that one is adjusted properly. It should slide over it, the bracket supports it and keeps the wiper off the glass under normal circumstances.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts