ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,959 Posts
1) Cool!

2) That means you can go side windows down, rear window down on the highway and enjoy freshness during the hot days! Wicked!

3) How exactly does it keep the wiper from hanging down? Is it like an electromagnet?

that’s a pretty notable feature of the 4Runner

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't think that one is adjusted properly. It should slide over it, the bracket supports it and keeps the wiper off the glass under normal circumstances.
Oh, so it doesn't actually support it, it just holds it away from the glass! That makes more sense.

that’s a pretty notable feature of the 4Runner
Sure is! It also means that you can load a Christmas tree without having to leave the trunk open! So it's even more practical than a Miata!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I once put a full sized fridge in the back of a 94 four runner. They have an lot of interior space

·
Registered
473 Posts
I love the idea of a car that spacious, just to throw stuff back there.
I actually dream of owning a Volvo and just keep a mattress back there and travel the world.
I must say, if there's anything I can describe as a hidden talent of mine, it's packing cars.
Give me whatever car and whatever item. I packed three people's two weeks worth of luggage plus all that my father had been gifted from his patients (and we're talking south Italy, so the average gift is a pack of 2 kgs of mozzarellas) in an Audi A4 Convertible with a broken foldable top space (you can fold the top's space away if you will keep it up and need to fit lots of stuff, but in ours it broke so we can't anymore), of course, leaving a backseat for me.
I have fit those big grocery trips and a bike in the back of a Lupo.
Still, nowhere near that guy who fit 10 wheels inside a Clio.
Mind you, a CLIO V6. You know, this.

Matter of fact, y'all SUV owning fellas: what's the largest thing you've stored in your SUV?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey, Ethan's here again!
Those years minivans were starting to see their decline, with the image of the average family car slowly morphing into an SUV. Your car looks like the physical representation of that.
Also, is it me or did you forget to update the flooded Miata thread?

·
Administrator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
That is an actual suv though. Has more in common with a truck than what we think of when we think "minivan."

Real transfer case with center lock, rwd configuration, etc.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The MPV was Japans answer to the dodge Caravan which hit the market 4 years earlier and up until then had no competition. It was produced solely for the north American market and at its release boasted rear wheel drive with optional 4x4 and V6 and seating for 8. After its success japan turned out toyota previas, Honda odysseys and nissan quests. Also because of its available the platform was later used to produce the Mazda Navajo suv.

·
Administrator
15,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
It doesn't share anything with the Navajo. The Navajo is simply a rebadged Explorer.

Think more Mazda 1st gen 4runner, less "what people think of as minivan.". 4runner = Toyota truck with an enclosed back seat. MPV = B2600 with enclosed back seat.

·
Registered
473 Posts
That is an actual suv though. Has more in common with a truck than what we think of when we think "minivan."

Real transfer case with center lock, rwd configuration, etc.
Oh! Never said otherwise. I just meant to say it looks like someone went on morphthing and uploaded a '91 Caravan and a Mk1 Musso.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Though the seating for 8 is a pretty cool detail.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts