ClubRoadster.net banner

581 - 600 of 611 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,668 Posts
Oh, I kinda recall seeing that, though I couldn't say where!
I really like it, unironically. I get that the intent was ironic, but I love what you end up seeing: time and again I see photoshoots in which the driver/owner tries to make himself look perfect, because the picture must be perfect, right? But here, we're shown the humanity of the man behind the epitome of perfection next to him. I like this one for the very same reason I'm fascinated to see nasty, dirty, outrageously messy workshops with a collection of tools that looks cobbled together through thefts, gifts and bargains originate something amazingly smooth, clean and pixel-perfect, like you see in the best garage builds.
Because yes, we may be flawed, imperfect, unattractive, but if we put our minds to it, we can create something wonderful. In a time full of odes to what we are, an ode to what we can do.

I feel the need to stress I was serious throughout all of this.

I indeed have.

I am mad it was an outtake. It should've been the cover.
One of Woolery's other photoshoots (that's his Ariel Atom with him at the wheel):

He's a pretty awesome dude. Not afraid to do things off the wall :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
One of Woolery's other photoshoots (that's his Ariel Atom with him at the wheel)
Again, vey good one: it fits the alien aesthetic of the car quite well!

He's a pretty awesome dude. Not afraid to do things off the wall :)
Thank you for making me learn that is an actual saying and not just Vans' company name.

·
Registered
480 Posts
huh, whodathunk this thread would become anything but a parody.

But ya, Woolery's Miata is one of the finest piece's of DIY garage art I've ever seen. Also just plain ol' one of my favorite cars.

·
Registered
435 Posts
But ya, Woolery's Miata is one of the finest piece's of DIY garage art I've ever seen. Also just plain ol' one of my favorite cars.
It is an exquisitely executed build, and one of the prettiest Miatas out there in my humble opinion.
I'd probably change a couple things, but then again I'd be hard pressed to think of any car about which I couldn't say the same.

·
Registered
435 Posts
There was also a time when 'Rimz' was on the naughty list, with the threat of a perma-ban for anyone who invoked it.
It's funny that using "rims" altogether was frowned upon, given it's actually the most correct way to refer to the barrel-spoke hunk of metal you attack to the hubs.
Rim+tire=wheel.
It seems to me this is a subject people have rather strong opinions on, and I'm ready to fight each and every one of y'all to death.
DM me for my address, I have a nail gun.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm a bit out of touch and struggling to figure out what "RIMZ ENGINEERING" and "Weakacceleration" are parodies of.
the second has me stumped too though

SICKSPEED! it was bugging me alot lol

mine just came in yesterday cause i goofed and didn't think to check on the thread for a couple weeks. thanks adam <3

·
Registered
480 Posts
thanks pal, there's a pic of my car with one of their stickers on it in my intro thread. lol Ah well, live and learn I guess. :haiguyths:

also: If Adam says it's cool, it's cool.

·
Registered
435 Posts
What does the "Miata Reunion" poster have to do with, like, literally anything?

·
Registered
435 Posts
581 - 600 of 611 Posts