ClubRoadster.net banner

601 - 611 of 611 Posts

·
1000% Jake
4,381 Posts
–Mars–;6212876 said:
There was also a time when 'Rimz' was on the naughty list, with the threat of a perma-ban for anyone who invoked it.
It's funny that using "rims" altogether was frowned upon, given it's actually the most correct way to refer to the barrel-spoke hunk of metal you attack to the hubs.
Rim+tire=wheel.
It seems to me this is a subject people have rather strong opinions on, and I'm ready to fight each and every one of y'all to death.
DM me for my address, I have a nail gun.
Lol, let's derail this thread.

Before cast and stamped metal wheels, wheels were typically made of three distinct components: a hub, which attaches the wheel to the axle, the rim, which attaches to the tire, and spokes, which connect the rim to the hub.

I don't really care if you call modern single piece wheels 'rims' or not. I just want to be clear about what a rim is.

I also need to decide where I'm placing my 'most disease' sticker on the racecar before the Goldendale Concours next weekend. I'm still not sure I won't get in trouble for the 'turdbocharged' decal. The vintage racing association bans 'contemporary advertising', body modifications and gutted interiors. I'm not sure why I was invited but I'm trusting that I won't get kicked out. They have a prize for best Bentley. Really.

Rimz rimzzz

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yep. Forum is dead. The home page is now telling me to go post in eight and three year old threads instead of the threads that are actually relevant. And all my bookmarks are dead...

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
Yep. Forum is dead. The home page is now telling me to go post in eight and three year old threads instead of the threads that are actually relevant. And all my bookmarks are dead...
The bookmarks would be dead because the URL has changed (it's not on VB)

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Apparently that's to boost google search results. And having the main forum view hidden by default is also for our own good.

they reportedly spent millions on this upgrade.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I know that the url's changed. Thats why the links dont work. :p It seems silly to me that couldnt transfer the URL's with the change of appearance. I'm a grumpy oldman. Don't mind me. I've just lost years of old threads.

Adam. You should speak up to them. Now that signatures are hidden, your links to your store are hidden.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Lol, let's derail this thread.

Before cast and stamped metal wheels, wheels were typically made of three distinct components: a hub, which attaches the wheel to the axle, the rim, which attaches to the tire, and spokes, which connect the rim to the hub.

I don't really care if you call modern single piece wheels 'rims' or not. I just want to be clear about what a rim is.
So basically, in the dawn of time, rim=lip?

601 - 611 of 611 Posts