ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 with tokico illumina shocks and springs, strut tower bar, cockit brace and lower front and rear braces. Im lookin to upgrade my sways.
What do you prefer. Ive been told that the flyin miata sways are the best. Please gimme your opinion or experience.

Thanx

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's what I just put on my 97. I don't have anything extreme as far as suspension goes so I thought any more than that would be overkill.

Koni's, FM Springs/Sways, RB's & T1-R's.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It's all a matter of preference. I've got a mild shock/spring combo myself and have the FM sways. It works okay and they're adjustable which is nice although I've never touched them since installing them. My hope is that these sway bars won't require upgraded mounts like some of the stiffer ones from Racing Beat that might tear the stock mounts out. Some racers have a garage full of sway bars for fine tuning. If you upgrade one thing like your shocks or springs you might need a different bar to get the right balance. For example, most people with Tein Flex get just a front sway bar and remove/decouple the rear sway bar. Honestly, I think I would have been perfectly satisfied on Konis, stock springs, and stiffer sway bars like those from FM. But now that I'm addicted to modding I've reached the tipping point where I want Ohlins PCV.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
I got them on both my miatas and they are way better than stock. I have never tried anything else so I have nothing to compare it too. All reviews point to these sways, so they must be good. They really keep the car planted in the turns at WSIR.

·
Banned
439 Posts
http://iscracing.net/Miata_Page.htm
Miata Sway Bar Mounting Brackets
Zinc Plated, Allows You To Change Bar Position
(Back or Forth)
$175.00

Miata 1-1/4" Sway Bar Kit
Sway Bar, Sway Bar Arms, Pillow Block, Bearings
$325.00

Miata 5/8" Rear Sway Bar Kit
Sway Bar, Sway Bar Arms, Mounts
$275.00

Why not go all out and get the best setup money can buy? I will have these on my car in a few months. I also don't care about ride quality. I currently run 700FR/325RR ERS GC Coilovers and Koni Yellows. Should be a match made in Racecar Heaven (ITA)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have FM sway bars on my LE and racing beat hollow on my 94.

the 94 with racing beats corner flatter than the 93 with FM.

FM sways are more comfortable since it drives like a stock car but w/ less sway.

racing beat hollows are not as comfortable compared to FM but livable for the street. The car has more solid and sporty feel to it. BTW, it gets expensive since they require the brace and the blocks too.

it's like deciding whether you want a Mitsu EVO or SUBY sti.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts