ClubRoadster.net banner

swaybar question

925 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  webba1 
#1 ·
I've got a 92 and have the chance to buy some whiteline sways from an NB and was wondering how they will affect the car compared to the ones made for an NA.

#4 ·
Why is it some people only run sway bars in the front and non in the rear?
They want the car to turn in quicker and have less body roll on the front (I.E. thicker front sway bar). They run none on the rear so they can get max suspension travel. It kinda sets the car up for slight understeer but if you put almost any aftermarket rear sway bar on you make the car oversteer so much that it is undrivable. Learned that lesson on a rainy day mixed with an on-ramp, almost plowed into a semi when I got sideways.

Personally, I run an aftermarket adjustable front sway bar with the stock rear. It works pretty well but still oversteers a little.

#6 ·
now are the reinforcements and adjustable endlinks worth it (street or light track duty) really worth it
sorry to jack thread but good question

that wet day slide was that to speed or slow/lsd or open

#7 ·
now are the reinforcements and adjustable endlinks worth it (street or light track duty) really worth it
sorry to jack thread but good question

that wet day slide was that to speed or slow/lsd or open
The sturt tower braces are a good idea because the not only stiffen up the chassis but they also help to prevent the chassis from flexing and breaking those precious spot welds that hold our cars togethe (granted this is over a long time frame). I never understood the adjustable endlinks, unless you wanted to pre-load one side of your suspension (simulating a person riding, like when my wife rides with me at an autocross the car actually evens out a little bit more, acts more neutral, miata's like the extra balast).

That wet day slide was at about 55mph it has a torsen LSD and it hung out far enough to make me cry momma!

I would shoot for a strut tower brace with a mid-size adjustable sway bar and see where you stand from there.

#10 ·
the reinforcements i mean are the sway bar mounting point reinforcements
http://www.racingbeat.com/FRmiata.htm

do the factory mounting points really break undernormal or mild loads?
I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about know. And I see not a single reason to reinforce the mounts where the sway bar bolts to the Steel subframe. I could be wrong and if I am check with some of the spec miata guys. They will see tons more of a load on their suspension than any of us will so if anyone will need it they will.

How about it any spec miata guys run these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.