ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought a jenvey kit for my b6 I found one video on youtube and that's about it anyone have a good explanation for me or a good descriptive video on how to synchronize a jenvey irtb kit
Thanks

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the jenvey kit where do you adjust them
goodluck as in its going to be a pain in the ass?

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
not sure about the jenevy as i have no experience with the kit, but on my custom milled adapter and gsxr throttles there was set screws on each of the throttles, it is going to be a pain in the ass

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can't help with this although I am running the same kit. Was handled by my mech.

If it is not on the instruction sheets provided by Jenvey then your best bet would be to email them and post up the solution. I am rather curious myself :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
From Jenvey's site:
Balancing throttle bodies
Idle bleed screws (if fitted) should be closed at the start of this operation.
Before starting the engine adjust throttle balance by setting the single idle adjuster screw so that the nearest butterfly
is just visibly open, then adjust the cross-link screws so that the remaining butterflies are at a similar angle.
Start the engine and use a flow meter (SYNC10) to check airflow through each throttle body bore, adjusting as
necessary. It may be necessary to re-adjust the idle during this process. Always re-check the balance on all bores
after each adjustment and with the cross-link adjuster locking nuts tightened. Idle bleed screws (if fitted) may now
be used to balance ports on twin bodies.
---------------------
What are the cross link screws? The small bolt and port just next to the injector ports are for idle air. The small screw just in front of the injector port is another passageway into the throttle body, and isn't linked to the butterfly valves themselves.

From 20 minutes of staring hard at the throttle bodies themselves: It looks like all we need to do is set the bump stop on the primary twins, then adjust the loop on the secondary twins to match the two assemblies. Then adjust idle air to match flow rate for each individually using the idle air bypass screws that are right next to the injector ports. Or if you are awesome, you can use an IAC valve plumbed to all 4 ports (so even idle air and it will always remained balanced).

Do we change the angle of the butterfly valves themselves individually? OR are they all already matched, and all we do to balance them is adjust idle air bypass?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My buddy in the motorcycle industry said that adjusting the butterflies so that an 1/8" drill bit barely fits between the body and the butterfly is a good place to start.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
as for the fuel i have the stock fuel pump, Bosch 350cc injectors and do I need an adjustable fpr? Which would you recommend since my kit did not come with one

·
garageSTAR Supporter
1,248 Posts
I wish all newb post were like that. Great info! Thanks for sharing.

CND- Most people running irtbs will have an adj. fpr. Im sure it can help in the tuning process as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the 1.6 OEM fuel setup (single fuel supply line to fuel rail, FPR mounted to end near no. 4 cyl, fuel return from FPR)?

Can we use another Fuel rail (rather than the 3 piece fuel rail that comes with the jenvey kit)? Is the injector placement the same as stock, so we can use something like the M-tuned fuel rail from 949?

CND, what's your vacuum setup (what size fittings, tap, tubing you used etc.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts