ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol sorry I actually would never consider getting a set for my car but for this price I dont really want to pass it up.

however I still need to know if these will work, Im thinking they will, I will just wrap around the harness bar to shorten the length.

·
1,213 Posts
I have the short versions in the rocket but I think the longer ones may leave you with a lot of excess belt !

you certainly do not want to cut/trim or damage the webbing in any way in terms of safety

on a side not, how cool are their baseball caps !!?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the short versions in the rocket but I think the longer ones may leave you with a lot of excess belt !

you certainly do not want to cut/trim or damage the webbing in any way in terms of safety

on a side not, how cool are their baseball caps !!?
Im kinda afraid of that happening. However I think I can just shorten in up by rapping the harness around the bar.

I would never cut the harness to make it fit lol.

everything they make seems to be pretty cool, maybe its the green :lol:

·
1,213 Posts
best thing to do is cut a piece of scrap fabric ( that does not stretch ! ) to the same length as the harness straps and do a trial fit before you comit to a purchase .... they should be able to easily let you know what the strap lengths are ?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
My old Willans harness had long straps too but they had a metal loop ring ( called strap adjusters ) that you could adjust to shorten the length and pull tight to the rollbar's harness bar. If it comes with those it should work fine, then just zip the the extra belt down like on the pics from Mr. W's Atom. (NOTE: Just forward of the zips you can see that metal adjustor plate im refering to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/CrimsonMX5/aristowercz009copy.jpg

I sold my Willans because in only one year of Floridas high humidity the camlock male end plugs started pitting and corroding something nasty. :shock: And for that kinda money? Well... that really bugged me. So i will try out the Takata or go back to my original set of Schroth harness again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
my sparco harness is pretty long, It's bolted to the floor and comes up and around the rollbar.
isnt this the wrong way to install a harness? I know the mouting points should be at least at between 20 & 35 or so degrees. Having it like you say will likey compress your spine if you were to put them in use.

unless having them up over the bar changes it enough

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
My old Willans harness had long straps too but they had a metal loop ring ( called strap adjusters ) that you could adjust to shorten the length and pull tight to the rollbar's harness bar. If it comes with those it should work fine, then just zip the the extra belt down like on the pics from Mr. W's Atom. (NOTE: Just forward of the zips you can see that metal adjustor plate im refering to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/CrimsonMX5/aristowercz009copy.jpg

I sold my Willans because in only one year of Floridas high humidity the camlock male end plugs started pitting and corroding something nasty. :shock: And for that kinda money? Well... that really bugged me. So i will try out the Takata or go back to my original set of Schroth harness again.
Whoa! :shock: My Willans hasn't given me any beef since I got it many moons ago (for some reason my aftermarket purchases always outlast my cars...).

·
Registered
196 Posts
i was reading the most recent SuperStreet and in the featured cars section Chris Forsberg's convertable Z33 has a set of gold colored adjuster plates with his takata's. was wondering if anyone know the brand. it looked really good.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts